C.J. Clarke Signs with Petes
(Peterborough, ON)- The Peterborough Petes announced the signing of C.J. Clarke to a Standard Player Agreement and scholarship package on Wednesday morning in a press conference at Lansdowne Place Mall as part of the Tim Hortons Camp Day festivities. The Petes selected Clarke in the second round, twenty-ninth overall in the 2015 OHL Priority Selection in April.
Clarke is a 6'0", 193lbs left-handed right winger who played for the Toronto Marlboros Minor Midget AAA squad during the 2014/15 season. In 74 games with the Marlies, he recorded 31 goals, 33 assists, 64 points and 27 penalty minutes. He was the fourth right winger taken in the draft.
"I'm looking forward to getting started with the Petes," noted Clarke. "I think my experience with the Marlies and in other tournaments will help bring a championship to Peterborough."
The Mississauga, Ontario native won a championship with Team GTHL Blue at the OHL Gold Cup, the first stage in Hockey Canada's Program of Excellence. Clarke was the tournament's second-leading scorer, registering four goals including the championship-winning goal.
"C.J. has been recognized at all levels and at school for his hard work and leadership abilities on the ice, in the community, and in the classroom," added Petes GM Mike Oke. "He's a highly skilled forward who can make an impact on our roster this season and beyond."
Fans can look forward to seeing Clarke and other Petes prospects and players at the 2015 Training Camp, which kicks off in early September. The 2015/16 season marks the Petes' 60th OHL campaign. With a strong group of returning players and an excellent rookie contingent, this season is set to be one of the most exciting in memory.
Images from this story
Peterborough Petes Signee C.J. Clarke
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from June 3, 2015
- Teakle Named Head Scout, Brown Returns - Windsor Spitfires
- Jones Commits to Knights - London Knights
- C.J. Clarke Signs with Petes - Peterborough Petes
- Firebirds Sign Duchesne and Keyser Following 2015 OHL Priority Selection - Flint Firebirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Peterborough Petes Looking to SOCK-It to COVID-19
- Petes Lending Support to First Nations Hockey Equipment Drive on December 5
- Peterborough Petes Recognize Chad Buchner as this Week's Local Minor Hockey Volunteer
- Sportsnet's Sam Cosentino to Headline Thursday Night Live Presented by Subway, Week 11
- Nick Robertson Named to 2021 U.S. National Junior Team Preliminary Roster