Busy Weekend Starts Tonight
The Bruins will try and extend their franchise record winning streak to seven games when they visit the Seattle Thunderbirds tonight. Game time is 7:30pm.
The six game winning streak has moved the Bruins from ninth to sixth place in the Western Conference with 67 points. The Bruins now control their own destiny and can solidify a playoff spot by earning five points in their final six games.
The Thunderbirds are in 10th place in the Western Conference but are not out of the playoff picture. They trail the Prince George Cougars and Kamloops Blazers by three points. They have played two fewer games than the Blazers and one less than the Cougars.
Tonight's game is the fourth and final meeting between the Bruins and Thunderbirds this season. Seattle is 2-0-1-0 vs Chilliwack this season.
The Bruins return to home ice for games Saturday (Vancouver) and Sunday (Kelowna).
Bruins Host Giants Saturday
The Bruins host the Vancouver Giants Saturday night. Game time is 7pm. It's the final meeting between the two teams this season.
It is Harley Night in Chilliwack featuring Mountainview Harley Davidson and their Ride For Dad and Prostate Cancer fundraiser. All proceeds from Musicworx Chuck a Puck will go to prostate cancer research, treatment and awareness.
Family Fun Day, Final Rain Check Night Sunday
Season ticket holders are reminded that Sunday's home game vs the Kelowna Rockets is the final rain check night of the 2010-11 season. If you have missed a game or games you can bring in those unused to tickets to the Prospera Centre Box Office or the Bruins Office and exchange them for tickets to Sunday's game.
It is also the final Family Fun Day of the season, brought to you by Sunrype.
$1 hotdogs, bouncy castle, face painting and free skate after the game. Pick up free skate vouchers at Hub International Barton Insurance, Save on Foods, Pricesmart or Coopers.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from March 11, 2011
- Raiders Rally To Rule Oil Kings 5-2 - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Former Chief Ryan Named Canada West MVP - Spokane Chiefs
- WHL Graduates Capture All Canada West University Hockey Awards - WHL
- Klimchuk to Make Home Debut - Regina Pats
- Raiders Make Office Changes - Prince Albert Raiders
- Blades Claim #1 Spot in the WHL - Saskatoon Blades
- Busy Weekend Starts Tonight - Chilliwack Bruins
- Pats and Warriors for the Final time at "Crushed Can" Highlights Weekend - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.