Bulldogs Head to Charleston
DAYTON, OH-The Bulldogs play the Charleston Sandsharks Saturday May 20 at 7p in the North Charleston Coliseum.
After two weeks without a game, the Bulldogs look forward to competition. The Charleston game marks the first away game in a series of three. Receiver Anthony Tyus will be returning after missing the Tennessee game due to injury, and he will be trying his arm as quarterback. Though he has been absent, Tyus is still among the top 10 scorers in the NIFL, and his stats have kept him in the top three for average receptions per game, receiving yards per game, and all purpose yards.
Charleston's record is 3-3. As of May 16, the Sandsharks have a total of 508 rushing yards and 499 passing yards. They also average about 42.5 points per game.
The Bulldogs' record is 2-4. Their rushing yards total 248, but their passing yards total 891. The Bulldogs' average score is about 39.4 per game.
• Discuss this story on the National Indoor Football League message board...
National Indoor Football League Stories from May 19, 2006
- Copperheads seek consistency - Texas Copperheads
- Tailgate with the Copperheads and Drillers - Texas Copperheads
- Fever to face twin brothers - Tri-Cities Fever
- Bulldogs Head to Charleston - Dayton Bulldogs
- Commentary: NIFL daily buzz - OSC Original by Jerry Hewitt
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.