Buffalo Beauts Sign RIT Forward Kandice Sheriff
The Buffalo Beauts have signed forward Kandice Sheriff, a native of Brampton, Ontario who earlier this year completed her college career at RIT.
"We really like Kandice's speed, strength and ability on special teams," said Buffalo head coach Pete Perram. "We believe she can develop into a solid power forward for us."
Sheriff played 98 games at RIT, scoring six goals and adding 16 assists.
Beauts GM Mandy Cronin said, "Kandice's experience at the NCAA Division I level has prepared her for this next step, and I'm confident she will contribute to our success this season."
Prior to attending RIT, Sheriff played for the Leaside Junior Wildcats of the Provincial Women's Hockey League and attended Pickering-PEAC School.
"I am very excited and grateful to have the opportunity to play for the Buffalo Beauts this season and to join the rest of the players of the NWHL," she said. "I'm really looking forward to the start of training camp and getting ready for the start of the season."
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from August 21, 2019
- Buffalo Beauts Sign RIT Forward Kandice Sheriff - Buffalo Beauts
- Brodt Brown Back to Defend Whitecaps' Cup - Minnesota Whitecaps
- Riveters Sign RIT's Brooke Baker, Re-Sign Slattery - Metropolitan Riveters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Beauts Stories
- Ashley Birdsall: Buffalo's Forward-Defender and National Guard Officer
- Beauts Sign Buffalo State's Nikki Kirchberger
- Stacey Scores Game-Winning Goal for Beauts in First Game of NWHL Season
- Fan Favorite Taylor Accursi Returns to Buffalo for Third Season
- Buffalo Beauts Season Tickets Go on Sale Thursday at 11 AM at NWHL.Zone/Tickets