Brian McCormack Named Director of Broadcasting for the AHL's San Antonio Rampage
Boise, ID - The American Hockey League's San Antonio Rampage announced today that Brian McCormack has been named their new Director of Broadcasting, ending his three year tenure with the Idaho Steelheads.
"San Antonio is a first-class organization that does things the right way, and I'm proud and excited to join their team." said Brian McCormack. "I'll be ready to bring Rampage fans the kind of broadcast that I hope Steelheads fans enjoyed these past three years."
"We are excited for the opportunity that Brian has received with a class organization like the San Antonio Rampage and Spurs." said Eric Trapp, President of the Idaho Steelheads. "We were proud to have Brian for the time we did as he provided our fans with a first-class broadcast and we expect to see him in the NHL soon."
McCormack joined the Steelheads prior to the start of the 2015-16 season after working as a Digital Media Intern with the Columbus Blue Jackets during the 2014-15 season. Prior to his time in Columbus, McCormack was the radio broadcaster at SUNY-Geneseo.
Aside from calling nearly 240 Steelheads' games, McCormack was quick to assist in many capacities around the office.
"Brian has done an amazing job as the voice of the Idaho Steelheads." said Neil Graham, Head Coach of the Idaho Steelheads. "He has earned an opportunity at the next level through passion and work ethic. We couldn't be happier for him and wish him continued success."
In his time with Idaho, McCormack was named the 2016 Idaho Steelheads Employee of the Year as well as being named to the broadcast team for 2018 ECHL All-Star game which was seen on the NHL Network.
McCormack was also named the 2018 ECHL Broadcaster of the Year, joining the ranks of previous Steelheads' Broadcasters Will Hoenike, Joe O'Donnell, and Doug Plagens.
"Boise was my first true home in pro hockey. I'm grateful that Eric Trapp took a chance on me because he made my broadcasting career possible." said McCormack. "I've worked with dozens of wonderful people that have molded me as a person, and it's because of these people and this special hockey community that the headset in Idaho is one every aspiring broadcaster wants to wear."
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 10, 2018
- Brian McCormack Named Director of Broadcasting for the AHL's San Antonio Rampage - Idaho Steelheads
- Single Game Tickets on Sale Now - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears Add Forward Vincent Dunn - Orlando Solar Bears
- Growlers Sign Michael Garteig - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Single Game Tickets on Sale Today - Maine Mariners
- Americans Add Top-Six Scoring Forward Thomas Frazee - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Wrangle Mavericks with 3-0 Shutout Win
- Forward Justin Parizek Placed on Suspension
- Steelheads Saddle Mavericks with 5-1 Win to Open Weekend
- Steve McParland Returns to Idaho from Loan
- Steelheads, St. Luke's Bring "Turtle Power" For Nickelodeon Night This Saturday