Brevard County Manatees to Honor Rescue Mission Workers on Opening Day
VIERA, Fla. - The Brevard County Manatees, a Class A-Advanced Affiliate of The Milwaukee Brewers, will be hosting an on-field ceremony during their home opener this Friday, April 10th honoring those who were a part of the February rescue mission of saving 19 Manatees trapped in a Satellite Beach drainage pipe.
Responders from Patrick Air Force Base, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, Satellite Beach City Hall, as well as Satellite Beach Public Works, Police and Fire Departments are among those to be recognized during an in-game moment as The Manatees and their fans extend heartfelt gratitude for such tireless efforts to save these indigenous animals of Brevard County.
Police Chief Jeff M. Pearson of Satellite Beach will be throwing the first ceremonial first pitch of 2015.
The Brevard County Manatees take on the Daytona Tortugas at 6:35PM, followed by a Firework display at the conclusion of the game. Fans are encouraged to arrive early to Space Coast Stadium. For details and tickets, fans can visit ManateesBaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from April 7, 2015
- Brevard County Manatees to Honor Rescue Mission Workers on Opening Day - Brevard County Manatees
- Kanzler, Stewart on Miracle Opening Day Roster for 2015 - Fort Myers Miracle
- Marauders 2015 Roster Announced - Bradenton Marauders
- Legg Returns to Lead New-Look Staff - Clearwater Threshers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.