Braylon Rayson Named NBLC Most Valuable Player
April 9, 2019 - National Basketball League of Canada (NBL Canada) News Release
The National Basketball League of Canada is pleased to announce that Braylon Rayson of the Sudbury Five has been named Most Valuable Player for the 2018-19 season.
Rayson had a banner year leading the NBLC in four statistical categories (24.6 ppg, 1010 total points scored, 154 3-pointers made, 336 field goals made) as the Five made the postseason in their inaugural season. Also, Rayson earned Player of the Week honours twice (March 3rd & March 24th).
"Braylon's confidence and the way he carries himself is huge for any coach and team", said Head Coach Logan Stutz. "I have had the chance to see him grow the last two years, and he has really done something amazing in this league this year and he continues to do those things now. I am excited to see where his career takes him and am grateful for the opportunity to coach him".
The Central Michigan product also added his name to the record books after setting a new NBL Canada record for most three-point field goals made during a regular season with 149.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from April 9, 2019
- Making Waves: Moosehead Rallies Community - Saint John Riptide
- London Loses Lead in the Fourth, Down 0-2 to KW - London Lightning
- Braylon Rayson Named NBLC Most Valuable Player - NBL Canada
- Five Split Series in St. John's, Return to Sudbury Wednesday - Sudbury Five
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.