Blazers Rattle the Rush in 12-5 Road Victory
Boston, MA-The Boston Blazers took on the Edmonton Rush Saturday evening in their first ever meeting. Captain Dan Dawson scored five goals and two assists in the 12-5 win moving Boston to 6-5 on the season and into a tie for second place in the Eastern Division.
Boston started the scoring early as Daryl Veltman knocked one in during a Blazers power play just 50 seconds into the game off an assist from newly acquired forward Mat Giles.
Dawson and Gary Bining would trade goal for goal scoring Boston's next four points including an athletic diving shot by Bining from an assist by Veltman. At the half, Boston led 7-2 with Andy Secore scoring both of Edmonton's goals.
The Blazers would continue to dominate throughout the second half including two more goals a piece by Bining and Dawson and one by Brenden Thenhaus. Edmonton would pull goaltender Matt Disher for Brandon Atherton midway through the third quarter.
Secore led the Rush with four of their five goals while Bining recorded four goals and an assist in the Blazers victory. Giles supported the Blazers offense in his Boston debut with four assists.
Anthony Cosmo led the Boston defense with 35 saves on 40 shots on goal.
The Blazers travel to Philadelphia next weekend to take on the Wings and then return home to Boston on April 3 at 7:30 pm at the TD Garden. For tickets, visit blazerslacrosse.com or call 888-BLAZERS.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from March 20, 2010
- Blazers Rattle the Rush in 12-5 Road Victory - Boston Blazers
- Roughnecks Dominate Titans In Champion's Cup Rematch - Calgary Roughnecks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boston Blazers Stories
- Boston Blazers to Move Operations for 2013 Season
- Blazers Dawson & Cosmo Named to All Pro Teams
- Blazers Kyle Rubisch Named to 2011 NLL All-Rookie Team
- Blazers Season Ends in 11-10 Loss in Divisional Semifinal to Buffalo
- Blazers Set to Battle Division Leader Bandits in Divisional Semifinals