Blazers Acquire Defenseman Campbell from Toronto Rock
Boston, MA Boston Blazers President and General Manager Doug Reffue announced today the acquisition of defenseman Scott Campbell from the Toronto Rock in exchange for the Blazers' 2010 second round draft selection pending league approval.
In 2010, Campbell recorded 13 points (five goals, eight assists) and 48 loose balls in 11 games played. A native of Markham, Ontario, Campbell was drafted by the Minnesota Swarm in 2005 and played seven games with the team before being acquired by the Rock through a trade with the Edmonton Rush.
"Scott is a consistently solid player" said Reffue. "His experience and leadership on and off the floor will be a tremendous benefit to our young team."
A six-year veteran to the National Lacrosse League (NLL), Campbell has netted 16 goals and 19 assists, and scooped 287 loose balls during his career. Campbell also plays for the Brooklin Redmen of Major Series Lacrosse during the summer season and attended Elmira College in New York.
Season tickets for the Blazers 2011 season are currently on sale. For more information, visit blazerslacrosse.com or contact 888-BLAZERS.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from July 2, 2010
- Blazers Acquire Defenseman Campbell from Toronto Rock - Boston Blazers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boston Blazers Stories
- Boston Blazers to Move Operations for 2013 Season
- Blazers Dawson & Cosmo Named to All Pro Teams
- Blazers Kyle Rubisch Named to 2011 NLL All-Rookie Team
- Blazers Season Ends in 11-10 Loss in Divisional Semifinal to Buffalo
- Blazers Set to Battle Division Leader Bandits in Divisional Semifinals