Blaze, Simmons Media Group announce partnership
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah Blaze president JASON JONES and Simmons Media Group announce a radio deal to do live broadcasts for all 16 regular-season and any potential postseason games for the 2006 season. The partnership with 1280 The Zone will enable Blaze fans to tune into games from all over the Utah.
All 16 games will also be available on the internet via streaming audio at www.1280thezone.com and www.utahblaze.com. Talent for the broadcasts will be announced at a later date.
"We look forward to partnering with 1280 The Zone and what they bring to the table," Jones said. "As is very important with a radio broadcast, they have a very strong signal reaching much of our fan base. We look forward to the extended reach of Blaze games within the listening area."
"This is a great opportunity for 1280 The Zone to bring the excitement and energy of the Arena Football League to the airwaves of Utah," said 1280 The Zone Program Director RYAN HATCH. "Something very special is happening to the sports market in Salt Lake as it continues to grow, and we are excited to be the radio home of the Utah Blaze."
ABOUT THE UTAH BLAZE
Season tickets for the Blaze's inaugural season are now on sale and packages start as low as $10 per game. For more information, call (801) 257-3111 or log on to www.utahblaze.com. The Blaze kick off the 2006 season in San Jose on Saturday, January 28 against the two-time ArenaBowl champion San Jose SaberCats. Don't miss the return of the AFL on NBC and Fox Sports Net beginning in January.
ABOUT SIMMONS MEDIA GROUP
The Simmons Media Group, owner and operator of 1280 The Zone, is one of America's top performing media companies and has earned industry respect and admiration for its reputation of creating exceptional value for client partners, community causes, employee satisfaction, and shareholder value. Since 1977, Simmons has owned or operated radio stations, outdoor media, and associated companies in Utah, New Mexico, Idaho, Wyoming, Texas and Missouri. Simmons Radio Stations enjoy unique brand identity, developed through extensive local research to generate strong audience appeal and consumer response.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from November 30, 2005
- SaberCats ink Terrance Metcalf to two-year deal - San Jose SaberCats
- Destroyers land former Westerville North/Bowling Green QB Josh Harris - Columbus Destroyers
- Blaze, Simmons Media Group announce partnership - Utah Blaze
- Rattlers Acquire NFL Veteran Dwaine Carpenter - Arizona Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Utah Blaze Stories
- AFL, Utah Blaze suspend operations for 2009 season
- Utah Blaze DL Chris Janek Fares Well at Power-Lifting Meet
- Utah Blaze DL Chris Janek to participate in powerlifting competition
- Matt Griff Takes A Liking To Extreme Sports
- Utah Blaze Offensive Coordinator Tony Kimbrough No Stranger To Change