Blasters Offense Silent in Loss at Laredo
Laredo, TX-The Blasters bats fell silent against the Lemurs in a 4-1 loss Tuesday night at Uni-Trade Stadium.
Laredo (21-17) made it four wins in five tries against Joplin this season and evened the four-game series at a win apiece. The Lemurs opened the scoring with lead-off home runs in back-to-back innings. In the second, Dustin Geiger launched a solo shot to deep left-center. In the third, D'Vontrey Richardson uncorked a solo smash up the left field line that made it 2-0.
The Lemurs added two runs in the seventh on RBI singles by Jarred Mederos and D'Vontrey Richardson. Joplin (22-13) scored its only run of the night in the top of the eighth. Mitch Glasser reached base on an error by the center fielder attempting to catch a routine pop fly. With two outs, Oscar Mesa bounced a double up the right field line and into the corner that scored Glasser from second.
On the mound, Greg Holle posted the win for Laredo. Holle (3-4) lasted seven-and-a-third and yielded an unearned run on four hits with one strikeout and one walk. Nestor Molina suffered the loss for Joplin. Molina (3-2) worked seven innings and gave up four earned runs on eight hits with five strikeouts and two walks. At the plate, Yasser Gomez finished 2-for-4 in defeat for the Blasters. For the Lemurs, D'Vontrey Richardson and Juan Silverio each had two hits. Richardson homered and scored a run.
First-place Joplin continues its nine-game, eight-day road swing in Laredo. Game three is Wednesday night at Uni-Trade Stadium. First pitch is set for 7:30. For 2015 ticket information and promotion specials at Joe Becker Stadium, call 417-622-4838 or visit the Blasters website at www.joplinblasters.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 30, 2015
- Explorers Plate Nine In Win Over Winnipeg - Sioux City Explorers
- Del Valle Comes Through with Big Hit as 'Cats Down RedHawks - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Holle is Fantastic on the Mound for Lemurs - Laredo Lemurs
- After Big 8th, Double Play Seals Dogs Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Blasters Offense Silent in Loss at Laredo - Joplin Blasters
- Bergin Stays Hot, But Canaries Falls Short in Game 2 - Sioux Falls Canaries
- House of Horrors Rears Its Ugly Head Again as Saints Blow Lead Late in Lincoln, Lose 6-5 - St. Paul Saints
- Same Song, Different Verse in 3-2 Loss at Gary - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- T-Bones Stretch Series Win Streak to 7th Straight - Kansas City T-Bones
- Blasters Score Early, Often to Lasso Laredo - Joplin Blasters
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Wingnuts Test Fate Too Many Times and Fall 4-3 to Canaries - Wichita Wingnuts
- Rough Start to Homestand - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Explorers Pound Goldeyes 11-3 - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.