Black Hawks Announce Camp Plans
Waterloo, Iowa-Less than two weeks after the United States Hockey League playoffs end for the Waterloo Black Hawks, preparations for 2012-2013 will hit full speed as the team's Try-Out Camp opens at Young Arena on June 1st.
Players from the Hawks' affiliate list, Futures and Entry Draft Picks, other highly-regarded prospects, and returning veterans will all be looking to secure spots for next season. Waterloo coaches and scouts will observe practice and scrimmage situations from June 1st through 3rd. The camp concludes with an All-Star Game on the final day.
Black Hawks head coach P.K. O'Handley admits there won't be much time to recover.
"It's a little strange to be talking about next year with the biggest games of this season still to be played. It's a good problem to be have, and I hope that first weekend of June will be one step towards getting back here next spring," he said.
The organization's hockey staff is putting in overtime this week. After Games Three and Four of the Clark Cup Finals on Friday and Saturday, they will shift attention - at least temporarily - to the USHL Entry Draft Tuesday. If necessary, a fifth and deciding Finals game would be played in Green Bay next Wednesday. Invitations to the Hawks' Try-Out Camp will be sent out after the draft, per USHL rules.
A more detailed camp schedule will be released at a later date. Visit waterlooblackhawks.com for more information.
Tickets for Games Three and Four of the best-of-five Finals are still available. The series between the Hawks and Green Bay Gamblers is even at 1-1. Contact the Black Hawks Box Office at (319) 291-7680 or visit waterlooblackhawks.com to place a ticket order.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from May 17, 2012
- Gamblers Hire David Carle as Assistant Coach - Green Bay Gamblers
- Cammarata Named Rookie of the Year - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Taylor Cammarata Named USHL Rookie of the Year - USHL
- U.S. Men's National Team Falls to Finland, 3-2, in Quarterfinals of 2012 World Championship - U.S. National Team
- Black Hawks Announce Camp Plans - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Ice's Doherty Heading to Miami University - Indiana Ice
- Phantom Fireworks Owner Zoldan's Horse Building Momentum Toward Preakness Saturday - Youngstown Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.