BIGHORNS DEFEAT THE BLUE TO NOTCH FIFTH STRAIGHT WIN!
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Reno Bighorns (16-11) defeated the Oklahoma City Blue (16-12) 110-106 Friday night at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City. The victory against the Blue marks the Bighorns fifth straight win.
Sacramento Kings two-way player Jack Cooley recorded his tenth double-double of the season with 24 points and 14 rebounds while Cody Demps also recorded a double-double with 18 points and 10 rebounds. David Stockton had 17 points, four rebounds and four assists.
PJ Dozier led the Blue with 19 points and seven rebounds while Daniel Hamilton scored 18 points, grabbed nine rebounds and had eight assists.
The opening minutes of the first frame set the tone for a tight-knit game between the Bighorns and the Blue. Oklahoma City would have a 52.6% team shooting effort, edging Reno's 44.4%. After five ties, the Bighorns ended the first frame on a 9-0 run to have an eight-point lead entering the second quarter.
The Bighorns maintained the momentum in the beginning of the second frame as Josh Hagins drained a triple in the opening minutes of the frame. Oklahoma City's 11-0 run helped the hosts regain the lead by the 4:44 mark. The remainder of the frame would be a back and forth battle that saw seven lead changes and two ties. Reno went into the locker room trailing the Blue 53-52.
Oklahoma City opened their lead up to nine points to start the second half before Reno responded with a 7-0 run to cut their deficit to two points with 5:33 to play in the third frame. The Blue maintained their advantage over the Bighorns the entirety of the quarter behind a 50.0% team shooting effort, holding a six-point lead entering the final frame.
Oklahoma City led Reno the majority of the final quarter pulling ahead by as many as 10 points. A driving lay-up from Hagins at the 3:18 mark sparked a 15-5 run by the Bighorns retaking control of the lead. Reno maintained their advantage the entirety of frame, securing their tenth win in 11 contests.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 22, 2018
- Bighorns Get Sixth Straight Win - Reno Bighorns
- San Antonio Recalls Brandon Paul and Derrick White from Austin - Austin Spurs
- Legends Strike Vipers - Texas Legends
- Balanced Spurs Fend off Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- CHARGE COME UP SHORT TO SKYFORCE. - Canton Charge
- Triple-Double from Xavier Rathan-Mayes Not Enough as Westchester - Westchester Knicks
- Yabusele, Nader Lead Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- San Antonio Assigns Brandon Paul and Derrick White to Austin - Austin Spurs
- LEGENDS TAKE THE WHEEL... - Texas Legends
- BIGHORNS DEFEAT THE BLUE TO NOTCH FIFTH STRAIGHT WIN! - Reno Bighorns
- Vipers Fall in Nail-Biter against South Bay - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Biggie's Buzzer Beater Bests BayHawks - Canton Charge
- NBC Sports Boston to Air Five Maine Red Claws Games in 2018 - Maine Red Claws
- Bighorns to Host Legacy Night to Honor Bill and Eric Musselman - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Bighorns Stories
- Bighorns Drop Western Conference Semifinals to Lakers
- Coach Martin to Donate One Thousand Tickets to Local Non-Profits for Tuesday's Playoff Game
- Reno Bighorns to Play in Western Conference Semifinals on April 3
- Statement from the Reno Bighorns and Sacramento Kings Regarding the Passing of Zeke Upshaw
- Bighorns Earn Pacific Division Title with Win over Warriors