Biggie's Buzzer Beater Bests BayHawks
ERIE, PA - A Caleb Swanigan layup at the buzzer gave the Canton Charge (11-16), powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, the 111-110 victory over the Erie BayHawks (13-16) on Friday night.
A trio of Charge players scored 20+ points, led by Ante Zizic's 21 on 8-of-11 shooting with nine rebounds and three blocks in 22 minutes on assignment from the Cleveland Cavaliers. John Holland netted 20 points in 38 minutes and JaCorey Williams had 20 points and 10 boards in 29 minutes. Swanigan finished with 13 points and 13 rebounds in 25 minutes off the bench. Kevin Olekaibe added 14 points in 21 minutes of relief.
The BayHawks were paced by Raphiael Putney's double-double of 26 points on 10-of-16 from the field with 11 rebounds and three blocks in 31 minutes. Isaiah Taylor had 22 points and six assists in 36 minutes on assignment from Atlanta. Andrew White scored 14 points off the bench, while Jaylen Morris had an all-around effort of eight points, seven rebounds, five assists and three steals in 33 minutes.
The Charge return to the Civic Center tomorrow January 20th at 8:00 p.m. for a game against the Sioux Falls Skyforce (Miami Heat), with the first 2,500 fans in attendance nabbing a Cavs winter hat courtesy of Phantom Fireworks! 2018-19 Charge Nation Memberships are on sale NOW! Place your $100 per seat initial payment today and receive the rest of the 2017-18 season for FREE in addition to all the other great benefits of being a Charge Nation Member. Visit CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944 to sign up today.
The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Gladiators of the Arena Football League and the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, both of which play their games at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 22, 2018
- Bighorns Get Sixth Straight Win - Reno Bighorns
- San Antonio Recalls Brandon Paul and Derrick White from Austin - Austin Spurs
- Legends Strike Vipers - Texas Legends
- Balanced Spurs Fend off Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- CHARGE COME UP SHORT TO SKYFORCE. - Canton Charge
- Triple-Double from Xavier Rathan-Mayes Not Enough as Westchester - Westchester Knicks
- Yabusele, Nader Lead Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- San Antonio Assigns Brandon Paul and Derrick White to Austin - Austin Spurs
- LEGENDS TAKE THE WHEEL... - Texas Legends
- BIGHORNS DEFEAT THE BLUE TO NOTCH FIFTH STRAIGHT WIN! - Reno Bighorns
- Vipers Fall in Nail-Biter against South Bay - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Biggie's Buzzer Beater Bests BayHawks - Canton Charge
- NBC Sports Boston to Air Five Maine Red Claws Games in 2018 - Maine Red Claws
- Bighorns to Host Legacy Night to Honor Bill and Eric Musselman - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.