'Big Wreck' to Play Halftime Show at Ticats Eastern Semi-Final Playoff Game
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Thursday that Canadian rock phenom, Big Wreck, will be taking to the halftime stage at Tim Hortons Field at Sunday's (November 28) Eastern Semi-Final game. Kick-off is at 1 p.m. versus the Montreal Alouettes, with the winner advancing to the Eastern Final in Toronto on Sunday, December 5.
Less than 3,000 tickets remain for the game. Seats can be secured via ticats.ca/tickets, email@example.com or by calling 905-547-2287. The popular fan 'blackout' is in effect Sunday at Tim Hortons Field. Ticats fans are encouraged to arrive to the game early wearing black from head-to-toe to support the players who will be wearing black jerseys and black pants to add to the fan experience and home field advantage.
About Big Wreck:
Formed in in the mid-'90s, Big Wreck remain one of the highest regarded rock bands in Canada with dozens of radio anthems, platinum albums, and millions of tickets sold. Recently the beloved Canadian rock phenom - now consisting of Ian Thornley (vocals, guitar), Dave McMillan (bass), Chris Caddell (guitar) and Sekou Lumumba (drums) - released Big Wreck: 7.1, the first EP of what will be an immersive three-volume collection. A wealth of riches for the Big Wreck faithful and new fans alike; the first installment of the triad encapsulates the raw, anthemic rock of Big Wreck's inaugural LPs - 1997's In Loving Memory of... and 2001's The Pleasure and the Greed - and edgy eclecticism of their more recent offerings since reforming in 2012, including 2019's dynamic ...But for the Sun.
Alongside the thundering Top 40 Canadian radio single "Bombs Away", which landed on marquee playlists like Apple Music's New in Rock, Spotify's Ready to Rock and Amazon's Fresh Rock, Big Wreck: 7.1 features the beautifully orchestrated focus track "Fields", which garnered playlist love from Spotify's New Music Friday Canada and All New Rock, the absolutely smoking and masterful "High on the Hog" which gives the entire band a chance to flex their chops and serves as an earnest reminder of Thornley's impressive range and impactful prowess as a vocalist, the epic melodic call and response driven "If All Else Fails" and the fuzzy distortion-rich "Beano".
Hear the new EP: https://bigwreck.lnk.to/BW71
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from November 25, 2021
- Steven Lee Olsen with Special Guest Jessia to Headline the SiriusXM Grey Cup Kickoff Show; Savannah Ré to Sing the National Anthem - CFL
- Pair of Fines Issued after Week 16 Action - CFL
- RedBlacks Re-Sign Norman, Salmon and Texada - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Bob Irving to be Inducted into Ring of Honour at IG Field Prior to Western Final - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- 'Big Wreck' to Play Halftime Show at Ticats Eastern Semi-Final Playoff Game - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Head Coach Ryan Dinwiddie & OL Peter Nicastro up for 2021 CFL Awards - Toronto Argonauts
- Lawrence & Revenberg up for 2021 CFL Awards - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Blue Bombers Head Coach Mike O'shea Named Coach of the Year Finalist - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Paredes Is West's Top Special Teams Player - Calgary Stampeders
- Stanback and Ménard Nominated for CFL Most Outstanding Awards - Montreal Alouettes
- Collaros, Bryant and Bighill Named West Nominees for Most Outstanding Player Awards - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Stanback and Collaros Headline 2021 CFL Awards Finalists - CFL
- Bo Lokombo and Jordan Williams Earn West Nominations for CFL Awards - B.C. Lions
- RedBlacks' Dedmon Named East Division's Top Special Teams Player - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Riders Sign American Linebacker Tegray Scales - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Two Added to Practice Roster - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- COVID-19 Protocols Help CFL Conclude Successful Regular Season - CFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stories
- 108th Grey Cup 50/50 Tickets on Sale Now with Early-Bird Prizing & Guaranteed Jackpot of $75k
- 108th Grey Cup Game in Hamilton Is Sold Out
- Van Zeyl Among Nine Players Nominated for Jake Gaudaur Veterans' Award
- 'Big Wreck' to Play Halftime Show at Ticats Eastern Semi-Final Playoff Game
- Lawrence & Revenberg up for 2021 CFL Awards