Beauts, Scamurra Agree to Contract
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The Buffalo Beauts today announced the team has agreed to terms with forward Hayley Scamurra.
Scamurra (5'8", 161 lbs., 12/14/1994) won the NWHL Rookie of the Year award during her first full season in the league in 2017-18. In 14 games for the Beauts last season, Scamurra tied for the team lead with 14 points (7+7) and played in the NWHL All-Star Game, where she earned MVP honors.
"We're excited to add a local player that has proven she can be a star in our league," said General Manager Nik Fattey. "Hayley was a key component in our offense last season and is extremely hard to play against. She has many of the qualities that we are looking for in a top player: She works hard every shift, has skill and is a great teammate."
The Williamsville, New York native and Nichols School graduate made her NWHL debut in 2016-17, when she scored one goal in one regular-season game and added four points (1+3) in two playoff games to help the Beauts capture the Isobel Cup. During her collegiate career, Scamurra recorded 111 points (39+72) in 123 games for Northeastern University (Hockey East) and finished her career tied for 10th among the school's all-time assists leaders.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from June 1, 2018
- Beauts, Scamurra Agree to Contract - Buffalo Beauts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Beauts Stories
- Buffalo Returns Home with 3-1 Victory over Connecticut
- Beauts Relieve Ric Seiling, Craig Muni of Coaching Duties; Cody McCormick Named Interim Head Coach
- Eight Beauts to Participate in 2019 NWHL All-Star Game
- Beauts to Play Exhibition Games against Team Russia
- Beauts Battle Back to .500 with Decisive Win