Beauts Relieve Ric Seiling, Craig Muni of Coaching Duties; Cody McCormick Named Interim Head Coach
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Beauts today announced the team has relieved head coach Ric Seiling and assistant coach Craig Muni of their coaching duties. Cody McCormick has been named interim head coach.
McCormick will serve as the third head coach in Beauts franchise history after a professional hockey career that saw him play parts of 10 seasons in the NHL with the Colorado Avalanche, Minnesota Wild and Buffalo Sabres. The London, Ontario native appeared in 405 career NHL contests and recorded 65 points (21+44) and 550 penalty minutes, adding 89 points (42+47) in 231 AHL games.
Since retiring from the NHL, McCormick has worked with the Academy of Hockey at Harborcenter, including skills practices with the Beauts this season.
General Manager Nik Fattey will serve as an interim assistant coach and goaltending coach Ryan Vinz will remain on the team's coaching staff.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2018
- Beauts Relieve Ric Seiling, Craig Muni of Coaching Duties; Cody McCormick Named Interim Head Coach - Buffalo Beauts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Beauts Stories
- Brooke Stacey Takes NWHL Goal-Scoring Lead, Buffalo Completes Sweep of Whale
- Pelletier OT Goal Caps Beauts' Comeback in 5-4 Win over the Whale
- Buffalo's Ruggiero Looks to Bring Speed, Scoring Touch to Beauts' Lineup
- Beauts Defender Marie-Jo Pelletier to Raise Funds and Awareness for "The Teacher's Desk" in WNY
- Team Chinese Taipei G Tiffany Hsu Joins Beauts, Becomes NWHL's 100th Player this Season