Beauts' Cameranesi Scores as U.S. Defeats Finland at 4 Nations Cup
After trailing Finland 1-0 after the first period of their first game in the 4 Nations Cup, the U.S. National Team exploded for five goals in the second period on their way to a 5-1 victory today in Saskatoon.
While they took some time to solve star Finnish goaltender Nora Raty, outshooting Finland 9-3 in the first period, the U.S. busted the game open in the second period. Goals were scored by Brianna Decker, Cayla Barnes, Hilary Knight, Sydney Brodt and Buffalo Beauts forward Dani Cameranesi. Maddie Rooney was victorious in goal for Team USA.
NWHL players representing the U.S. in the game on Tuesday were Cameranesi and Emily Pfalzer (Buffalo), Hannah Brandt and Kendall Coyne Schofield (Minnesota Whitecaps), Amanda Kessel (Metropolitan Riveters), and Gigi Marvin (Boston Pride). Pfalzer, Brandt, Coyne Schofield and Kessel each picked up assists.
Sydney Brodt led the way for the U.S. with a goal and two assists, while Cameranesi, Decker and Knight each had a goal and an assist.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from November 6, 2018
- Beauts' Cameranesi Scores as U.S. Defeats Finland at 4 Nations Cup - Buffalo Beauts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Beauts Stories
- Five Unanswered Goals Lead Beauts to Third Straight Win
- Savannah Harmon Says Her First Season in Buffalo Has "Exceeded Expectations"
- Beauts Earn Second Straight Shutout, Top Pride 5-0
- Beauts' Offense Explodes in Statement Win over Pride
- Taylor Accursi Bringing "Finesse and Fun" as Beauts Look to Carry Momentum