Beauts, Buie Agree to Terms
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The Buffalo Beauts today announced the team has agreed to terms with forward Corinne Buie.
"Corinne's leadership during her time with the Beauts has been instrumental to our success as a team," said General Manager Nik Fattey. "She embodies what we look for in a player and we know she will continue to be a leader on and off the ice."
Buie (5'9", 3/7/1992) has won two Isobel Cups during her three seasons in the NWHL, including in 2017, when she scored the game-winning goal to help the Beauts capture their first championship. In 2017-18, the Beauts captain posted 10 points (4+6) and two game-winning goals in 15 games and made her first NWHL All-Star Game appearance. During her two seasons in Buffalo, Buie has compiled 22 points (13+9) in 32 games and ranks third on the franchise's career points list.
The Edina, Minnesota native attended Providence College (Hockey East) from 2010 to 2014 and compiled 100 points (44+56) in 128 career contests. She was named to the Hockey East All-Rookie Team after her freshman campaign when she recorded 24 points (11+13) and a career-high plus-17 rating in 35 games.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from June 5, 2018
- Beauts, Buie Agree to Terms - Buffalo Beauts
- In First-Ever Champions Cup, NWHL's Riveters to Play Lulea Hockey of the SDHL in 3-Game Series - NWHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Beauts Stories
- Buffalo Returns Home with 3-1 Victory over Connecticut
- Beauts Relieve Ric Seiling, Craig Muni of Coaching Duties; Cody McCormick Named Interim Head Coach
- Eight Beauts to Participate in 2019 NWHL All-Star Game
- Beauts to Play Exhibition Games against Team Russia
- Beauts Battle Back to .500 with Decisive Win