Beauts Agree to Terms with Elia
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Beauts today announced the team has agreed to terms with forward Maddie Elia on a one-year contract.
"Maddie played an important role as a rookie last season, and brought skill and a high level of compete to the team," said General Manager Nik Fattey. "We're looking forward to seeing Maddie continue to prove she is one of the top players in the league."
Elia (5'10", 5/31/1995) tied for the team lead during her rookie campaign last season with 14 points (5+9) in 14 games and added one assist in two playoff contests. Her nine assists tied for second on the team, and Elia finished her regular season with points in each of her last four games (3+3). Drafted by Buffalo with the 18th overall selection in the 2016 NWHL Draft, Elia attended Boston University (Hockey East), where she recorded 112 points (47+65) in 145 career games. The Lewiston, New York native and Nichols School graduate was named to the Hockey East All-Rookie team in 2013-14 after finishing second among Hockey East freshmen with 28 points (13+15) in 38 games.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from June 2, 2018
- Beauts Agree to Terms with Elia - Buffalo Beauts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Beauts Stories
- Buffalo Returns Home with 3-1 Victory over Connecticut
- Beauts Relieve Ric Seiling, Craig Muni of Coaching Duties; Cody McCormick Named Interim Head Coach
- Eight Beauts to Participate in 2019 NWHL All-Star Game
- Beauts to Play Exhibition Games against Team Russia
- Beauts Battle Back to .500 with Decisive Win