BayHawks Acquire Crawford, Waive Provost
Erie, Pennsylvania, Sunday, January 18, 2015 - The Erie BayHawks today announced guard Joe Crawford (6-5, 207, Kentucky) has been acquired and activated via the player pool. Crawford, brother of NBA player Jordan Crawford, was selected with the 58th overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft by the Los Angeles Lakers. After stints with the Lakers, New York Knicks and Sacramento Kings, Crawford played internationally in China and Israel before being acquired by Erie.
Brandon Provost has been waived after averaging 5.9 points per game in 10 appearances. He was deactivated after Erie acquired Mark McLaughlin on January 10.
The BayHawks will play the Iowa Energy at 3:45 PM ET this afternoon in their second and final game in the 2015 NBA Development League Showcase in Santa Cruz, CA live on NBA TV. Erie will return home to host the first place Maine Red Claws Wednesday before hosting Westchester Friday in the Knicks' first ever game at Erie Insurance Arena.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 18, 2015
- D-Fenders Bounce Back at Showcase, Down 87ers 116-96 - G League
- Blue Shines in D-Fenders Route of 87ers - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Energy Fall to BayHawks at Showcase - Iowa Wolves
- BayHawks' Third Quarter Burns Energy at Showcase - G League
- Maine Takes Control Late to Defeat Texas at Showcase - Texas Legends
- Maine Takes Control Late to Defeat Texas at Showcase - G League
- Red Claws Use Strong Second Half to Defeat Legends at Showcase - Maine Red Claws
- BayHawks Acquire Crawford, Waive Provost - Erie BayHawks
- SPURS SIGN JaMYCHAL GREEN FROM THE AUSTIN SPURS - G League
- Spurs Sign JaMychal Green - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Defeated by the Drive - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Grand Rapids Punches Ticket to Showcase Cup Championship - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.