B-Sens Drop 4-2 Decision to IceCaps
ST. JOHN'S - The Binghamton Senators fell 4-2 against the St. John's IceCaps in the first of a back-to-back series in Newfoundland.
St. John's opened the scoring with three goals over the first period of play. Max Friberg scored first 39 seconds in for his ninth goal of the year followed by Shane Bakker notching his first American Hockey League goal at the 7:24 mark of the frame. Gabriel Dumont made it a 3-0 game for the host team with less than a minute to play putting the B-Sens in the locker room for the first intermission being outshot 18-9.
Jason Akeson put Binghamton on the board a little past the four minute mark in the middle frame. Akeson calmly shot a bouncing puck past Eddie Pasquale for his tenth goal of the year with Casey Bailey and Chris Carlisle picking up the assists. Charles Hudon pushed to a 4-1 game five minutes later with his 20th goal of the season. Guillaume Lepine ripped a shot from the blue line to notch his fourth goal of the season bringing it to a two-goal game heading into the final intermission.
Both teams were held scoreless in the final frame to keep the game 4-2 in favor of the IceCaps.
Matt O'Connor finished with 37 saves in the losing effort while Pasquale had 24 stops to earn the win.
The Binghamton Senators face off against St. John's again tomorrow at 6:00p.m. for their final meeting of the 2015-16 season. Fans can listen live on US 96.9FM, WINR 680AM or on the iHeart Radio app.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 8, 2016
- Admirals Bitten by IceHogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Agree to Terms with F Nick Lappin - Albany Devils
- Wolves Stopped by Charlotte in Shootout - Chicago Wolves
- IceCaps Extend Point Streak to Four - St. John's IceCaps
- B-Sens Drop 4-2 Decision to IceCaps - Binghamton Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Luke Witkowski to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers to Sign Poturalski to Amateur Tryout Contract - Charlotte Checkers
- Weekly: Tom Kostopoulos Celebrates Milestone in Style - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Syracuse Crunch and Hillside Family of Agencies Join for Lend-A-Hand Night March 12 - Syracuse Crunch
- Iowa Hosts American Heart Night Jersey Auction - Iowa Wild
- Victorious in Eight Straight, Griffins Look Ahead to Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Luke Witkowski - Syracuse Crunch
- Condors Game Preview: $1.50 Hot Dogs and 1/2 Priced Beer for Bright House Networks Family Night Toni - Bakersfield Condors
- Chicago Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Weekly News and Notes of the Stockton Heat - Stockton Heat
- Phantoms Weekly - Phantoms Continue 5-Game Road Swing this Week - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rampage Sign Garry Nunn to PTO - San Antonio Rampage
- Bears Take Off For Newfoundland - Hershey Bears
- Jets Recall Kosmachuk - Manitoba Moose
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba vs. Iowa Wild - March 7 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.