Atlanta Blaze Fall to Denver Outlaws in Season Finale
With a one-point loss to Dallas the Atlanta Blaze concluded their 2018 season, leaving this year in a better situation than ever before
Kennesaw, GA-The Atlanta Blaze (7-7) were defeated by the Denver Outlaws (8-6) tonight at Fifth Third Bank Stadium, 14-15, despite strong offense by the Blaze. Kevin Rice scored three goals and rookie Christian Cuccinello matched his hat trick. LSM Scott Ratliff boosted the team with a two-point goal and Connor Kelly and Tommy Palasek offered up four points each.
Joe Nardella performed in a way the Blaze has come to expect from him, winning 17-31 faceoffs with 12 ground balls on top of that. Goalie Adam Ghitelman also saved over .500 goals with a 8-15 record against tough competition from the Outlaws offense.
In a season marked with firsts, the Atlanta Blaze's most significant landmark was the first season at or over .500. Win or lose against Denver tonight the Blaze were poised to make history, and the future is bright in Atlanta.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from August 4, 2018
- Atlanta Blaze Fall to Denver Outlaws in Season Finale - Atlanta Blaze
- Rattlers Win, Will Play New York in Playoffs - Dallas Rattlers
- Launch Downed by Dallas in Season Finale - Florida Launch
- Ohio Machine Defeated by Boston Cannons 23-14 - Ohio Machine
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Blaze Stories
- Kevin Rice and Christian Cuccinello Among Finalists for 2018 MLL Awards
- Kevin Rice and Christian Cuccinello Among the Finalists for 2018 MLL Awards
- Ratliff Nominated for MLL's New David Huntley Man of the Year Award
- Atlanta Blaze Fall to Denver Outlaws in Season Finale
- Atlanta Blaze Beat Florida Launch with Playoffs in Sight