Asia Durr Undergoes Successful Surgery
NEW YORK - The New York Liberty announced today that guard Asia Durr underwent a successful hip arthroscopy with labral repair procedure on Wednesday, September 18.
The procedure was performed by Jason Snibbe, MD at DOCS Outpatient Surgery Center in Los Angeles. Durr is expected to make a full recovery.
"We are confident that the procedure will get Asia back on the court and ensure that she is healthy for next season and the long career that lies ahead of her," said Liberty General Manager Jonathan Kolb.
Durr, a rookie guard selected second overall by New York in the 2019 WNBA Draft, missed 16 games this season due to her groin injury. She started in 15 of her 18 games played, averaging 9.7 points 1.7 assists and 1.6 rebounds per game.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 18, 2019
- Asia Durr Undergoes Successful Surgery - New York Liberty
- Leilani Mitchell Named 2019 WNBA Most Improved Player - Phoenix Mercury
- Minnesota's Cheryl Reeve Named 2019 WNBA Basketball Executive of the Year - WNBA
- Cheryl Reeve Named 2019 WNBA Basketball Executive of the Year - Minnesota Lynx
- Mystics Notes - Washington Mystics
- Phoenix's Leilani Mitchell Named 2019 WNBA Most Improved Player - WNBA
- Aces Nearly Steal Home Court from Mystics, But Fall 97-95 in Game One of WNBA Semifinals - Las Vegas Aces
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Liberty Stories
- New York Liberty Announce Barclays Center as Home Venue Beginning in 2020
- New York Liberty Announce Head Coach Katie Smith's Contract Not Renewed
- Liberty Legend Teresa Weatherspoon Hired by Pelicans
- Asia Durr Undergoes Successful Surgery
- Liberty Secure No. 1 Pick in the 2020 WNBA Draft