Argos to Host 2022 Training Camp & June 3rd Preseason Game at the University of Guelph
TORONTO - The Toronto Argonauts Football Club announced today The University of Guelph will play host to the team's 2022 Training Camp as well as the Argos final preseason game on June 3rd vs. Hamilton.
"We love it at the University of Guelph" said Boatmen Head Coach Ryan Dinwiddie. "The facilities, the accommodations, the food, the hospitality from staff is as professional as any place I've been. We are thrilled to be back for camp this year, as well as hosting our preseason game against Hamilton at Alumni Stadium"
The Argos are no strangers to campus life at the University of Guelph having held training camp on the Gryphon's campus in 2021 and 2016 as well as numerous times throughout the 1980's and 1990's, while also playing a preseason game at Alumni Stadium in 2018. Camp kicks off May 11th with a three-day rookie camp that includes veteran quarterbacks and first-year CFL players before rosters are cut down to 85 on May 14th. Veterans arrive on May 15th and two days later the roster gets trimmed down to the final 75 plus non-counters.
"We are pleased to welcome back the Toronto Argonauts to the University of Guelph for their training camp," said Director of Athletics, Scott McRoberts. "These high-profile events are great for our local community; it will be an exciting month around our campus. Our facilities are among the best in the country at the university level and we look forward to watching the Argos prepare for the 2022 season on our Gryphon field."
The Argos organization could not be more excited to welcome fans back to training camp this season! Argos fans of all ages are encouraged to come to Alumni Stadium on the University of Guelph campus to see the 2022 Toronto Argonauts up close and personal as they train and prepare for the upcoming CFL season. Please note that fans attending camp may be subject to any health and safety guidelines set forth by the University of Guelph, the CFL or the federal and provincial governments. Some practices may be closed to the public and that information will be shared at least a day in advance each time.
The University of Guelph's football facilities are world-class, feature the latest technology and are a perfect fit for Toronto's training camp. All facilities are centrally located on campus and within short walking distance of each other. Alumni Stadium features state of the art synthetic turf, a newly renovated track, a brand-new video scoreboard and houses a locker room as nice as any CFL counterpart including breakaway rooms for each position group. Next door to the football field is Gryphon Fieldhouse, which contains an indoor artificial turf field with a 4-lane indoor track and adjacent to the fieldhouse is a stunning new 25,000 square-foot fitness centre built only a few years ago. On top of spacious and comfortable townhouse-style housing, U of G also boasts the best campus food in Canada according to Maclean's magazine, so the players will be sleeping soundly and eating well during the three-and-a-half week camp.
"The football facilities at the University of Guelph are second to none," said five-year Gryphon and eight-year Argo long snapper Jake Reinhart. "It is the perfect place for a CFL training camp and provides us every advantage heading into the preseason and regular season."
The Argos open their preseason slate against Ottawa at TD Place on May 27th .
Toronto will host Hamilton at the University of Guelph on June 3rd at 7:30 p.m.
For tickets to the June 3rd preseason game:
Members pre-sale starts Monday, May 9th with members receiving purchase link and code in advance.
General on-sale begins Wednesday, May 11th.
For more information on ticketing and for all the latest news and notes on Argonauts football, please visit https://www.argonauts.ca/.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 5, 2022
- Global Pop Sensation OneRepublic to Rock Vancouver Ahead of BC Lions Season Kick off June 11 - B.C. Lions
- Elks Ink DeBrossard, Meskell - Edmonton Elks
- Riders Sign Defensive Back Le'Vonte Larry - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Elks Add Size in CFL Supplemental Draft with Pelley - Edmonton Elks
- Stamps Select Rayam in Supplemental Draft - Calgary Stampeders
- Ticats Add National Champion Offensive Lineman Kirven - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Tara McNeil Joins Stamps for Training Camp - Calgary Stampeders
- Carabins' Quarterback Jonathan Sénécal to Take Part in the Alouettes' Training Camp - Montreal Alouettes
- Dinos QB Spoletini to Apprentice with Stamps - Calgary Stampeders
- U Sports Canadian Quarterback Internship Program Returns - CFL
- Argos to Host 2022 Training Camp & June 3rd Preseason Game at the University of Guelph - Toronto Argonauts
- Elks Set to Stand with Ukraine June 3 - Edmonton Elks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Argonauts Stories
- Argonauts Injury Report Week 3, Day 3 - Thursday, June 23, 2022
- Argonauts Injury Report Week 3, Day 2 - Wednesday, June 22, 2022
- Argonauts Injury Report Week 3, Day 1 - Tuesday, June 21, 2022
- Argonaut Icons Ricky Ray & Dick Thornton to be Elected into Canadian Football Hall of Fame
- Argos Injury Report - Tuesday, June 14, 2022 - Week 2, Day 3