Antwane Grant Earns Co-Rookie of the Year Honors
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ - Blackjacks wide receiver Antwane Grant was named Co-Rookie of the Year on Tuesday alongside Columbus wideout and return man Fabian Guerra. 2019 marks the first time in league history that the award has been shared.
The team leader in receiving yards, Grant made a strong case for the award late in the season, posting five 100-yard receiving games in his last six outings. Over that span, he caught 45 passes and hauled in 14 of his 15 total touchdowns.
Meanwhile, Columbus Destroyers rookie Fabian Guerra led the league in all-purpose yards while scoring 20 touchdowns (15 receiving, 2 rushing, and 3 kick return).
The schedule of remaining league awards can be found below. Players will be honored at the AFL Award Ceremony on August 10th at the Times Union Center. The event will begin at 5 pm with doors opening to the media at 3:30.
8/7/19 Wednesday Support Staff & Officials of the Year
8/8/19 Thursday Assistant Coach of the Year
8/8/19 Thursday Head Coach of the Year
8/9/19 Friday Offensive Player of the Year
8/9/19 Friday MVP
8/9/19 Friday Defensive Player of the Year
Fans can secure their season tickets for the Atlantic City Blackjacks with a $50 deposit per seat ($75 for VIP seats) by calling 609-783-9494 or visiting to ACBlackjacks.com. A team representative will contact those that have submitted a deposit within a week to select specific seats.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from August 6, 2019
- ArenaBowl 32 Weekend Schedule Announced - Albany Empire
- Wide Receiver Fabian Guerra Named Arena Football League's Co-Rookie of the Year - Columbus Destroyers
- AFL Kicker of the Year Announced - Albany Empire
- Antwane Grant Earns Co-Rookie of the Year Honors - Atlantic City Blackjacks
- Brigade Today // August 6, 2019 - Baltimore Brigade
- ArenaBowl 32 Game Preview - Philadelphia Soul
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.