Anthony Washington Named CBA Rookie Of The Year
March 17, 2008 - Continental Basketball Association 1 (CBA 1) News Release
ALBANY, NY - The Continental Basketball Association announced today that Yakama Sun Kings center Anthony Washington has been named the CBA Rookie of the Year for the 2007-08 season, as voted on by the ten CBA head coaches.
Washington, a 2007 alum of Portland State, finished the season averaging 7.0 points and 3.6 rebounds a game for the National Conference Champion Sun Kings. The 6-10 center shot 68.2% from the field and blocked 1.2 blocks a game. Washington was an undrafted rookie for the Sun Kings. Washington is the first Sun King to win the Rookie of the Year award since Bernard Hopkins in 1997. Hopkins shared the award with former Sun Kings player Jason Sasser.
2007-08 CBA All-Rookie Team
Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Team College
*Anthony Washington C 6-10 250 Yakama Sun Kings Portland State
Marcus Heard F 6-8 245 East Kentucky Miners Forward
Mike Crain G 6-2 190 East Kentucky Miners Valdosta State
Tyrone Anderson G 6-4 220 Pittsburgh Xplosion Concord
Bilal Simmons G 6-6 210 Atlanta Krunk Southern Polytech
• Discuss this story on the Continental Basketball Association 1 message board...
Continental Basketball Association 1 Stories from March 17, 2008
- Xplosion Lose, 105-87, in Playoff Game One - Pittsburgh Xplosion
- CBA Weekly - CBA 1
- Anthony Washington Named CBA Rookie Of The Year - CBA 1
- Keathley To Serve As Guest Speaker At Special Olympics Area 3 Games - East Kentucky Miners
- Boo Jackson Named CBA Newcomer Of The Year - East Kentucky Miners
- Xplosion Hosting A 'Blog Party' - Pittsburgh Xplosion
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.