Another Physical Game Ends with Halifax on Top
Moncton, NB: The Moncton Magic hosted the Halifax Hurricanes Sunday afternoon as the 5th of a 6-game home stretch, in which they are 3-2.
Despite strong efforts off the tipoff and a lead in the 1st, the Magic were defeated by the visiting Hurricanes 81-73.
Both teams struggled offensively, maintaining well under 40% shooting on either side for all four quarters.
Terry Thomas, one of the few players sinking shots, ended the matchup with 16 points and 8 rebounds, receiving Player of the Game for those numbers.
Corey Allmond and Jason Calliste each hit threes for 9 and 8 respectively.
Moncton was also happy to see their newest acquisition Juan Pattillo score his first points with the team.
Mike Poole and CJ Washington created the bulk of the away teams offense. Even with poor field goal numbers Poole was able to leave with a 25-point 11-rebound double-double.
The Magic next host the KW Titans Wednesday February 28th 7:00pm at the Coliseum, before heading to Saint John on March 1st to play the Riptide.
Tickets available online at: www.tickets.moncton.ca
Coliseum Box office: 1-888-720-5600
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from February 25, 2018
- Another Physical Game Ends with Halifax on Top - Moncton Magic
- Mike Poole and Hurricanes Win Fifth in a Row in Moncton - Halifax Hurricanes
- KW Titans Release Head Coach Serge Langis - KW Titans
- Battle for Division Lead Heats Up - Moncton Magic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Moncton Magic Stories
- Moncton Magic Begin Preseason Tour
- Magic Announce 2018-19 Schedule
- Magic Add Big Man to Roster, 7' Foot Centre Zeke Marshall Signs with Team
- Magic Add Size, Athleticism and Youth to Back Court - Rookie Shawn Johnson Signs with Team
- Assistant Coach Position Available