Amerks Recall Danforth from Cincinnati
(Rochester, NY) - Rochester Americans General Manager Randy Sexton announced today that the team has recalled forward Justin Danforth from the Cincinnati Cyclones (ECHL).
A native of Oshawa, Ontario, Danforth earns his second recall of the season to the Amerks after making his season debut with the team against Belleville on Jan. 27.
The 24-year-old is having a breakout season with the Cyclones, scoring 28 goals and adding 30 assists for 58 points in 44 games. The first-year pro currently leads all ECHL rookies and ranks second overall in the league in scoring while also owning a team-best plus-26 on-ice rating. Danforth is currently in the midst of a seven-game point streak over which he's compiled 17 points (7+10) and five multi-point outings, including a season-best four-point effort against Wichita on Feb. 10.
Last month, the 5-foot-9, 181-pound forward was named to the 2018 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic, where he set a new league record with a lap time of 12.75 seconds during the Fastest Skate Competition.
Danforth has tallied two goals in seven career AHL games, including five with the Amerks at the end of last season.
Prior to turning pro, Danforth played four seasons at Sacred Heart University (AHA), where he amassed 124 points (42+82) in 147 career games for the Pioneers. Danforth led the team in scoring in three of his four years at Sacred Heart, earning AHA Rookie of the Year honors and a selection to the AHA All-Rookie Team as a freshman in 2013-14. He was later selected to the Atlantic Hockey All-Conference Second Team following his junior season and was also named the AHA Player of the Month for January 2016. Danforth finished seventh all-time in program history with 124 points and fifth all-time with 82 career assists.
Rochester's next home game is on Friday, Feb. 16 when the Amerks host the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins at 7:05 p.m. at The Blue Cross Arena. Individual game tickets for the 2017-18 season start at just $14. Amerks Season Ticket Memberships, which start as low as just $12 per game, are on-sale now. The Amerks are also offering a variety of partial plans, including Half-Season Memberships and Flex Season Memberships with vouchers good for best available seating to any home game. All memberships are up to 40% off Box Office day of game pricing. For more information, visit www.amerks.com or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2018
- Colorado Avalanche Recall Forward Rocco Grimaldi from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Tokarski 40-Save Shutout Pushes Win Streak to Four - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Charlotte Dominates Wolf Pack 6-0 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Claim Second Straight Win, Top IceHogs 3-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Canes Recall Brown from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Nedeljkovic Snags Second Straight Shutout in 6-0 Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Bridgeport records at least 40 shots for the fifth time this season, but falls to 0-3-2-0 against Lehigh Valley - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Move - San Diego Gulls
- Colorado Avalanche Recall Defenseman Duncan Siemens from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- AHL Hands Down Suspension to Callahan - Bakersfield Condors
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Canucks Recall Philip Holm, Comets Sign Frankie Simonelli - Utica Comets
- Time for Valentine's Day, Admirals Style - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bears Weekly #19: with Fresh Blood, Bears Head to Canada - Hershey Bears
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Samuel Laberge Reassigned to Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Rockford Seeks to Right the Ship against Monsters - Rockford IceHogs
- Bears Recall Defender Tommy Hughes from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Iowa Wild Recalls Jack Walker, Reassigns Forward Pavel Jenys - Iowa Wild
- Barracuda Sign Forward Caleb Herbert to PTO - San Jose Barracuda
- San Diego Gulls Recall Alex Dostie - San Diego Gulls
- San Antonio Recalls Forward J.C. Beaudin from Colorado Eagles - San Antonio Rampage
- Moose Sign Lotz, Release Hildebrand - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Sign Forward Michael Kirkpatrick to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- St. Louis Blues Recall Oskar Sundqvist from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Return to PPL Center this Saturday, Sunday - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- T-Birds Assign Downing, Beauchemin to Manchester (ECHL) - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Weekly: Penguins Return from New England Maintaining First - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sound Tigers Add Benoit from Blue Jackets - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monsters Announce Roster Moves - Cleveland Monsters
- Sound Tigers Complete Homestand Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Amerks Recall Danforth from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Red Wings Reassign Sadowy to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
- Iowa Downs San Antonio 3-2 for Third Consecutive Win - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.