Ambush, Comets Clash Sunday at Family Arena
St. Charles, MO - The St. Louis Ambush (8-11) host the Kansas City Comets (8-9) Sunday afternoon at 3:05 p.m. CST at the Family Arena. Sunday's contest is the fifth of six scheduled matches between the I-70 rivals slated for the 2019-20 regular season. The season series is knotted at two wins each heading into Sunday's duel.
The Ambush are looking to get back in the win column following three straight losses, the most recent being a 12-6 loss to the Milwaukee Wave last Sunday. The Comets will try to snap a two-game losing streak, the most recent being an 11-8 loss to the Ontario Fury on Sunday.
The Ambush will have a new player eligible for Sunday's game. Saphir Salvador was signed prior to last week's roster freeze deadline. The 26-year-old defender is a native of Utica, New York and has several years of experience coaching at the youth club level. He also serves as a graduate assistant coach for the Missouri Baptist University women's soccer team. Salvador played collegiate soccer at Lincoln Land Community College and has played for FC Maritsa in the NPSL. Per league and team policies, no further details of the signing were announced.
Following Sunday's match, the Ambush have four more games remaining to close out the season. They journey to Florida to tangle with the Tropics on Sunday, March 8 at 2:05 p.m. CDT, before returning home to host the Milwaukee Wave Friday, March 13 at 7:35 p.m. CDT at the Family Arena. Single game tickets for the remainder of the 2019-20 season are on sale and can be purchased at the Family Arena box office or at ticketmaster.com. Groups of 10 or more can purchase their discounted tickets by calling the Ambush office at 636-477-6363.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from February 27, 2020
- Sockers Weekly Report - San Diego Sockers
- Ambush, Comets Clash Sunday at Family Arena - St. Louis Ambush
- It's Miller Time... Again - Rochester Lancers
- Stars Welcome Tropics for a Two Game Set - Tacoma Stars
- Tropics Launch Innovative "Orange Access" Subscription Plan for MASL, UPSL Seasons - Florida Tropics SC
- Comets Eye Rivalry Lead over St. Louis - Kansas City Comets
- Promotions Set for Sidekicks Rivalry Game - Dallas Sidekicks
- Lancers Look to Play Spoilers in Baltimore on Saturday Night - Rochester Lancers
- Fury Returns to Visit the Cal Express - Turlock Cal Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.