Amarillo Dillas Win ULB Championship, 7-4
Amarillo, Texas - The Amarillo Dillas jumped out to an early 6-1 lead and cruised to a 7-4 victory over the Alexandria Aces Saturday to win the United League Championship. Amarillo scored four runs in the first inning. With one out and Keith Brachold on first, Gary Schneidmiller hit a grounder to third. Homy Ovalles threw to second to force out Brachold, but second baseman Luis Guance's throw to first was off target and allowed Schniedmiller to reach. The Dillas then hit six straight hits to score four runs and take a 4-1 lead. In the second, Aces starter Alejandro Martinez struck out Jonathan Reynoso to lead off the inning, but then walked two and was lifted for Angel Guzman. A single by Danny Bravo loaded the bases, and Andrew Wong hit a two-run single to put the Dillas ahead 6-1. The Aces tried to come back, but a five-run deficit proved to be too much. Amarillo starter Ron Lowe, on just three days rest, pitched 6.2 innings and struck out five. The left-hander gave up four runs, two earned, in the win. The championship win for Amarillo was its first since when the Dillas won the 1999 Texas Louisiana League Championship.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from August 23, 2008
- Amarillo Dillas Win ULB Championship, 7-4 - Alexandria Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th