Alouettes on CJAD until 2006
Montreal, March 12, 2004 - Montreal Alouettes' interim President, Larry Smith, and Vice-President and General Manager of Standard Broadcasting Corporation, Rob Braide are proud to announce a three-year partnership between the two organisations.
The deal will see CJAD 800 broadcast the Alouettes 18 regular-season games as well as all pre-season and playoff games. CJAD 800 will also feature a pre and post-game show, listeners will receive extensive coverage of the Alouettes training camp, all Alouettes community events and promotional efforts on CHOM 97.7 and Mix 96.
"We are very happy to pursue our association with CJAD 800's dynamic team. It is with great pride that we decided to seize the opportunity to reach more of our fans throughout the province as well as support our community and promotional efforts through CHOM 97,7 and Mix 96," explained Larry Smith.
"We are pleased to carry on a long tradition of Alouettes football, spanning the decades, and since the rebirth at Olympic Stadium in 1996 and the move to Percival Molson Stadium for the 1998 regular season, " declared Rob Braide.
The play-by-play voice of the Als, Rick Moffat is an award-winning veteran broadcaster with 20 years experience in radio. CJAD Game analyst Tony "The Staple Gun" Proudfoot, a former CFL All Star with the Alouettes who spent nine seasons (1971-1979) in the Alouettes uniform, winning the Grey Cup with the team in 1974 and 1977. Proudfoot has worked with Moffat since 1996 and they are joined on the sidelines by CJAD Reporter Rob Martier.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from March 12, 2004
- Alouettes on CJAD until 2006 - Montreal Alouettes
- Alouettes go green - Montreal Alouettes
- Riders Ink Canadian O-Lineman - Saskatchewan Roughriders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Alouettes Stories
- Alouettes Add One, Release Four
- Alouettes Add 13 Players to Roster
- Montreal Alouettes to hold 2018 Spring Camp in Vero Beach, FL from April 16 to 18
- Linebacker Henoc Muamba Returns to the Alouettes
- Alouettes Sign Quarterback Justin Holman and Receiver Cameron Posey