AirHogs Re-Sign Shortstop Yasutsugu Nishimoto
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - The Grand Prairie AirHogs announced today that the team has signed infielder Yasutsugu Nishimoto to a contract for the 2013 season.
Nishimoto was the starting shortstop for the AirHogs in 2012 and batted .280 in 92 games. He had five doubles to go along with 30 RBI.
The AirHogs' fan favorite had an incredible series June 18-21 at Rockland when he went 10-for-17 in the four-game series to raise his batting average to a season-best .340.
Nishimoto hails from Hashimoto, Japan where he played for the Kochi Fighting Dogs in the Shikoku Island League from 2009-2011. Two years ago, Nishimoto batted .351 with 34 RBI.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from February 8, 2013
- Diablo Play-By-Play Announcer Heads to AA Jacksonville - El Paso Diablos
- AirHogs Re-Sign Shortstop Yasutsugu Nishimoto - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Goldeyes Bolster Bullpen with Three Signings - Winnipeg Goldeyes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs