AHL approves sale of Bruins
Providence, RI -- The Providence Bruins announced today that the American Hockey League Board of Governors unanimously approved the sale of the Providence Bruins from Frank DuRoss to H. Larue Renfroe.
Today's approval of the sale by the AHL Board of Governors is the final step to Renfroe taking ownership control of the Providence Bruins, which is expected to take place within the next several weeks. At that time, Renfroe will be available to the media. Interview requests should be scheduled through Providence Bruins Director of Marketing/Public Relations Kevin Boryczki by calling 401-273-5000 ext. 30.
Renfroe, a Rhode Island and Massachusetts resident, is the president of Assurance Technology Corporation located in Carlisle, Massachusetts and owner of the New England Sports Center in Marlboro, Massachusetts. Renfroe currently serves as the president of the Minuteman Flames, a youth hockey organization that is a member of the Eastern Hockey Federation.
The Providence Bruins home opener for their 15th season is October 13th versus the Worcester Sharks at 7:05 p.m. at the Dunkin' Donuts Center. The Dunk' is currently undergoing a three-year 62 million dollar renovation project. Phase I of the renovation project will be completed in time for the Providence Bruins home opener.
Information on the home opener and Providence Bruins season ticket packages for the upcoming 2006-07 regular season can be obtained by calling the team ticket office at (401) 273-5000 or by logging onto the team website at www.providencebruins.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from August 24, 2006
- Bears add giveaway to opening night - Hershey Bears
- AHL approves sale of Providence Bruins - AHL
- Rangers Agree To Terms With Thomas Pock - Connecticut Whale
- AHL approves sale of Bruins - Providence Bruins
- Stars Announce Change - Iowa Chops
- Aeros to participate in record-setting reading campaign tonight - Houston Aeros
- Forward Croxton Signed to Two-Way AHL/ECHL Deal - Peoria Rivermen
- River Rats Preseason Game in Glens Falls - Albany River Rats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.