Aeros sign Rosa and announce online auction
HOUSTON, Texas - The American Hockey League's Houston Aeros have signed center Marco Rosa to a contract for the 2007-08 season, the team announced Monday.
Rosa, 25 (1/15/82), played 39 combined AHL games for Houston and Providence last season, totaling 17 points (8-9=17). With the Aeros, Rosa posted two points (1-1=2) in five games. He also added three points (1-2=3) in nine Calder Cup playoff games with Providence, and he accumulated 51 points (25-26=51) in just 36 games for the Aeros' ECHL affiliate, the Texas Wildcatters.
Rosa has played 66 AHL games with Milwaukee, Houston and Providence, notching 21 points (10-11=21). The 6-foot, 190-pound native of Scarborough, Ont., played collegiately at Merrimack. He was Dallas' eighth-round pick (No. 255 overall) in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft.
2006-07 Game-Worn Jersey Auction Lasts Through Monday
The auction features game-worn jerseys from 27 players on the 2006-07 roster and lasts through August 13, 2007 at noon. Jerseys, found on the Aeros home page, include include Josh Harding, Wyatt Smith, Jason Morgan and others who spent time playing with the NHL's Minnesota Wild last season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from August 6, 2007
- Phantoms Announce Exhibition Schedule - Adirondack Phantoms
- Aeros sign Rosa and announce online auction - Houston Aeros
- Lowell Devils in the Community - Albany Devils
- Mike Knuble at Griffins Youth Hockey Camp - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bruins return to Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Bart Rogers, Rocky Vonachen to appear on ESPN Radio - Peoria Rivermen
- Wolf Pack Announce 2007 Pre-Season Schedule - Connecticut Whale
- Admirals Set Pre-Season Slate - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.