Admirals Purchased by Mango Media Group
EDMONTON, AB- The Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG) and Mango Media Group announced the sale of OEG's ECHL Membership in the Norfolk Admirals to Mango Media Group. Norfolk will remain the ECHL-affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers Hockey Club.
"We are pleased to have found a great buyer in Mango Media Group," said Oilers Entertainment Group CEO & Vice Chair Bob Nicholson. "We're excited to continue our relationship with Norfolk as our affiliate. It is a great hockey town and a great place for player development."
"We are excited and looking forward to this new opportunity. The Admirals have a long successful history in Norfolk," said Mango Media Group Partner Ardon Wiener. "We are committed to the team and look forward to working with the community, season ticket holders, fans and the city to continue the Admirals success."
Tommy George with The Sports Advisory Group assisted both parties in the transition.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 29, 2016
- Fuel Announce 2016 Training Camp Schedule, Roster - Indy Fuel
- The Pines Named "Official Home of the Rush" - Rapid City Rush
- Atlanta Gladiators Announce Training Camp Roster - Atlanta Gladiators
- Solar Bears to Host Orlando United Night on Saturday, October 22 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Admirals Purchased by Mango Media Group - Norfolk Admirals
- Mallards Re-Sign Versatile Follmer - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Welcome Back Mulvey - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Solar Bears Welcome American Residential Services as Rink Naming Rights Partner - Orlando Solar Bears
- Monarchs Acquire Connor Hardowa in Trade with Utah - Manchester Monarchs
- AHL Hall of Fame Calls Aces Coach Rob Murray - Alaska Aces
- Jackals Announce Training Camp Schedule - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.