Aces win second straight ULB title
Alexandria, LA Tuesday August 28, 2007-- The Alexandria Aces completed a dream season by winning back to back United League titles after sweeping the Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings by the score of 7-4 in front of 2,960 fans at Bringhurst Field.
Juan Carlos Ovalles (1-0) picked up the win after a dominating 2.2 inning relief perfornace. Ovalles struke out four and did not allow a run in the series. Justin Dowdy picked up the save, his second of the series, after striking out two and allowing a single to Brian Nichols.
Palmer Karr was named MVP of the championship series. Karr hit three homeruns, scored six runs, and batted in a robust 11 runs.
The Aces ended their season with a 60-35 overalll record, and 33-13 in the second half, the only team in the United League to finish with an above .500 record in the half.
Bryan Sabatella was 2-for-4 with a solo home run, while Selwyn Langaigne was 2-for-5 with two runs driven in. Evan Cherry added a rbi single as well for the Aces.
The Aces outscored the WhiteWings 33 to 11 in the series.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from August 29, 2007
- Former Colt to pitch in Russia - San Angelo Colts
- Aces win second straight ULB title - Alexandria Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th