Aces to hold local tryout
Alexandria, LA; April 7, 2009 - The Alexandria Aces of Continental Baseball League (CBL) announced today they will be holding a local tryout camp for available roster positions for the 2009 season. The camp will be held on Saturday, May 2nd at Bringhurst Field beginning at 9:00 a.m. with registration.
There will be a pre-registration fee of $50.00 that will be non-refundable. For players that do not pre-register, the cost will be $75 the day of the tryout camp The camp is open to the public with all participants having the opportunity to be invited to Spring Training with a chance to make the squad. If you have any questions, please contact the Aces office at (318) 473-2237.
Spring Training for the Aces is slated to begin on Monday, May 4th with the first workout. The Aces will open the 2009 season at Dallas on May 14th.
The CBL enters its third season of offering professional baseball and welcomes the opportunity to bring the excitement and tradition of professional baseball to communities with a long-standing love affair with the Nation's favorite pastime. Every night, history is made in the CBL's ballparks in Texas cities, Dallas, Texas City (Bay Area-Houston), Texarkana, and Alpine (Big Bend) and Alexandria, Louisiana. Join us today for great professional baseball and a value-packed experience for fans, friends, and families!
• Discuss this story on the Continental Baseball League message board...
Continental Baseball League Stories from April 7, 2009
- Aces to hold local tryout - Alexandria Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th