86 Players with USHL Ties Named to NHL Central Scouting Preliminary Players to Watch List
October 8, 2019 - United States Hockey League (USHL) News Release
CHICAGO, ILL. - NHL Central Scouting announced their Preliminary Players to Watch List, in preparation for the 2020 NHL Draft. The annual list identifies players using the following criteria:
A Rating - indicates a 1st round candidate
B rating - indicates a 2nd/3rd round candidate
C rating - indicates a 4th/5th/6th round candidate
Among those listed are 86 players who have appeared in at least one USHL regular season game, which is the most in the world. Nineteen USHL alumni were also included in the list. In total, 68 players are currently committed to - or are playing - college hockey, including 14 A-rated or B-rated skaters.
This comes after the USHL had 55 players selected at the 2019 NHL Draft this past summer, including a league-record 52 active players. Forty-or-more players from the USHL have been selected in eight-consecutive NHL Drafts, and more than 800 USHL alumni are currently on NCAA Division I rosters for the 2019-20 season.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from October 8, 2019
- Waterloo Black Hawks Weekly Preview - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Three with Youngstown Phantoms' Ties Recognized in 2019-2020 NHL Central Scouting's Preliminary List - Youngstown Phantoms
- Ethan Haider Earns His 1st USHL Goaltender of the Week Honor - Sioux City Musketeers
- Millar Named USHL's Defenseman of the Week - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- 2019-20 USHL Players of the Week Named for Week 2 - USHL
- Five Capitols Named to NHL Central Scouting - Madison Capitols
- 86 Players with USHL Ties Named to NHL Central Scouting Preliminary Players to Watch List - USHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.