Olekaibe's Career Night Helps Canton Top Delaware
NEWARK, DE - Kevin Olekaibe scored 18 points on a perfect 7-of-7 from the floor in the fourth quarter to help the Canton Charge (14-23), powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, defeat the Delaware 87ers (11-26), 110-108, on Tuesday night at the University of Delaware.
Olekaibe finished with a career-high 33 points to go along with eight rebounds and a franchise record tying six steals in 36 minutes. Kevin scored 26 points in the second half on 10-of-11 from the field. Marcus Thornton netted 26 points with five assists and two steals in 38 minutes. Grant Jerrett added 16 points and seven boards in 32 minutes. Roosevelt Jones had nine points, 10 rebounds and five assists in 35 minutes.
Trailing 53-45 at the half, the Charge came out in the third to procure eight stops on nine defensive possessions for a 15-1 run to take a lead they would never again relinquish. Delaware in the fourth chipped away at a 12-point deficit and had two attempts to win the game in the end but could not convert. The Charge as a team hit 25-of-43 shots from the field in the second half (58%) after a first half that saw them convert just 15-of-46 as a unit (33%).
Delaware was led by Shawn Long's double-double of 21 points and 13 rebounds in 21 minutes. Askia Booker scored 20 points and dished out nine assists in 36 minutes. Cameron Oliver hit 8-of-11 shots for 18 points with six rebounds in 26 minutes off the bench.
The Charge return home on Wednesday, February 21st vs. the Oklahoma City Blue (Oklahoma City Thunder) at 7:00 PM. 2018-19 Charge Nation Memberships are on sale NOW! Place your $100 per seat initial payment today and receive the rest of the 2017-18 season for FREE in addition to all the other great benefits of being a Charge Nation Member. Visit CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944 to sign up today.
The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Gladiators of the Arena Football League and the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, both of which play their games at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
NBA G League Stories from February 13, 2018
- Troy Williams Leads High-Energy Vipers Past the Blue - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Surging Skyforce Roll Past Hustle for Fourth Straight Victory - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Olekaibe's Career Night Helps Canton Top Delaware - Canton Charge
- South Bay Lakers Acquire James Southerland, Rights to Scott Wood from Santa Cruz - South Bay Lakers
- Memphis Hustle Announce 'Double Duty Deal' with Tanger Outlets - Memphis Hustle
- Herd Acquires Brandon Jennings - Wisconsin Herd
- 87ers Bow to Greensboro 119-114 - Delaware 87ers
- Erie BayHawks Announce Plans for Salute to Pittsburgh Night - Erie BayHawks
- South Bay Messes with Texas for Legendary Win - South Bay Lakers
- Legends Wrap up West Coast Road Trip in Second Place - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.