Frahm joins Bighorns
Former Gonzaga shooting Guard Richie Frahm was acquired yesterday by the Reno Bighorns. While playing for Gonzaga, Frahm helped lead the Bulldogs to the Elite 8 in the 1999 NCAA Basketball Tournament, and then to the Sweet 16 Tournament in 2000.
Frahm is no stranger to the NBA. He has four seasons of NBA experience, playing with the Seattle Supersonic, Portland Trail Blazers, Minnesota Timberwolves, Houston Rockets and most recently the Los Angeles Clippers. He also played overseas for a season with the Benetton Treviso of Italy, where the team won the Italian Supercup in 2006.
Frahm finished his career at Gonzaga as the all time leader in 3-pointers made. Frahm shot 42.3% from behind the line throughout his career at Gonzaga, hitting 280 3-pointers in his career averaging 16.9 points his senior year.
Frahm will make his Bighorns debut Saturday, February 21 when the Bighorns host the Idaho Stampede. Frahm will bring strong outside shooting to the Reno Bighorns.
Kyle Davis has been released due to injury.
NBA Development League Stories from February 19, 2009
- Mad Ants Clinch Season Series Over Sioux Falls - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Celtics Recall J.R. Giddens From Utah Flash - Utah Flash
- Bighorns to Celebrate Kings Affiliation - Reno Bighorns
- Vipers To Host Winter Texan Night On 26th - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Frahm joins Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- NBA D-League Developments - D-League
- Drive Time:The Official E-Newsletter of the Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- Mad Ants' Doug Noll Resigns as Assistant Coach - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Arsenal Defeat Vipers in Overtime - Anaheim Arsenal
- Arsenal Acquire Marcus Taylor - Anaheim Arsenal
- Williams Scores 43 In Debut; Vipers Fall In Overtime - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.