Detroit Pistons Sign Guard Dwight Buycks
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. - The Detroit Pistons announced today that the club has signed Dwight Buycks to a multi-year contract. Buycks was previously signed as a two-way player on September 17, 2017. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Buycks, a 6-3, 190-pound guard, has appeared in eight games with Detroit this season and averaged 8.8 points, 2.4 assists, 1.6 rebounds and 15.1 minutes per game. Since an ankle injury sidelining Reggie Jackson on December 26, Buycks has entered the regular rotation and averaged 11.7 points, 3.2 assists and 19.5 minutes while shooting 50.9% from the field and 46.2% from three-point range. He also spent time with the Detroit Pistons G League affiliate, the Grand Rapids Drive, averaging 22.1 points, 4.3 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 1.0 steal and 35.6 minutes in 10 games.
Prior to joining Detroit, Buycks averaged 25-plus points in each of the last two seasons with the Fujian Sturgeons of the Chinese Basketball Association. He holds NBA career averages of 5.9 points, 2.4 assists and 1.6 rebounds in 28 games with the Toronto Raptors, Los Angeles Lakers and Detroit Pistons.
The Milwaukee native played collegiately at Marquette University his junior and senior seasons and averaged 7.7 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.8 assists in 68 games.
NBA G League Stories from January 15, 2018
- Trey Burke Signs with New York Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Detroit Pistons Sign Guard Dwight Buycks - Grand Rapids Drive
- Johnathan Motley Named All-NBA G League Showcase First Team - Texas Legends
- Bighorns Escape 87ers to Close Showcase - Reno Bighorns
- Legends Guard Kyle Collinsworth Signs with Dallas Mavericks - Texas Legends
- DRIVE SPEED PAST WOLVES TO SHOWCASE WIN - Grand Rapids Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.