Wolves Sign Henrik OdegaardOctober 1, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) Chicago Wolves
ODEGAARD accumulated 7 assists, 9 points, and 116 penalty minutes in 45 games with Sparta Sarpsborg of Get Ligaen in Norway last season. The 25-year-old blueliner also appeared in seven games with the Norwegian National Team at the 2013 IIHF World Championships.
The Asker, Norway, native skated in 282 contests in Norway's top hockey league, recording 10 goals, 38 assists, and 48 points from 2006-13.
In accordance with team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The Wolves will open their 20th season in Texas when they battle the San Antonio Rampage at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 4, at the AT&T Center. The club will also face the Rampage for the team's home opener, presented by LifeSource, at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 12, at the Allstate Arena. For information on ticket packages, visit chicagowolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
American Hockey League Stories from October 1, 2013
- Mrazek to Detroit, Coreau and Ouellet to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Pirates Assign 4 to Gwinnett Gladiators, Release Porowski from PTO - Portland Pirates
- Wolves Sign Henrik Odegaard - Chicago Wolves
- 630 American Hockey League Graduates Begin Season in NHL - AHL
- More IceCaps Games on Live Television this Season - St. John's IceCaps
- Wolves Partner with WCIU's U-Too Network - Chicago Wolves
- Texas Stars Assign Pat Nagle & Josh Robinson to Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Pirates Launch New Website - Portland Pirates
- Alex Faust Joins Comets Broadcasting Team - Utica Comets
- American Hockey League Implements Hybrid Icing Rule - AHL
- ManchesterMonarchs.Com Gets Facelift - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.