Mavericks' F Kenton Miller Named CHL Rookie of the MonthMarch 28, 2013 - Central Hockey League (CHL) - Missouri Mavericks
The Redvers, Saskatchewan native finished the month with 11 goals in 15 games and totaled 16 points. The first-year player had three multiple-goal games and finished the month strong with half of his points in his final four games. His five goals and three assists in the final week of the season earned him recognition as the Oakley CHL Player of the Week.
Miller is the third Maverick to be named rookie of the month this season as he joins Mavericks' forward Kellan Tochkin and Mavericks' goaltender Mike Clemente.
Miller joined the Mavericks this season as an assigned player from the Mavericks' American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the Chicago Wolves, and earlier in the season played six games with the Wolves.
The 6-0, 190-pound forward finished the season tied for second among rookies in scoring with 51 points (30-2151) and his 30 goals set a Mavericks franchise record for a single season.
50/50 Central/CHL Rookie of the Month
Kenton Miller, Missouri Mavericks
Games - 15
Goals - 11
Assists - 5
Points - 16
Plus/Minus - E
50/50 Central/CHL Rookie of the Month Previous Winners
October- Mike Clemente, Missouri Mavericks
November - Tyler Gron, Bloomington Blaze
December- Kent Patterson, Denver Cutthroats
January- Kristofer Westblom, Fort Worth Brahmas
February- Kellan Tochkin, Missouri Mavericks
March- Kenton Miller, Missouri Mavericks
The Missouri Mavericks will face the Rapid City Rush in the opening round of the 2013 Central Hockey League (CHL) playoffs. The series will start on Fri., March 29 in Rapid City and will follow a 2-3-2 format. The fifth-seeded Mavericks will host games three, four and five (if necessary) at Independence Events Center on April 3, 5 and 6. Tickets are on sale now online at www.Ticketmaster.com, by calling (800) 745-3000 or going directly to the Silverstein Eye Centers Box Office at Independence Events Center. Refunds will only be given for games not played. For more information on the Missouri Mavericks call (816) 252-7825 or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com .
Central Hockey League Stories from March 28, 2013
- Americans Drop Game 1 to Denver - Allen Americans
- Cutthroats Take Game One in Allen, 2-1 - Denver Cutthroats
- Robinson Gives Thunder Game 1 with Overtime Winner - Wichita Thunder
- Fort Worth Drops Mallards 4-1 in Game One - Quad City Mallards
- Sundogs Battle Thunder in Tight, 4-3 Overtime Loss - Arizona Sundogs
- Allen Finishes Season on Top of Sher-Wood Coaches Poll - CHL
- Quad City's Mickey Lang Wins Oakley Three Stars Player of the Year - CHL
- Mallards' Lang Named Oakley CHL Three Stars Player of the Year - Quad City Mallards
- Brahmas Add Two Amateur Forwards - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks' F Kenton Miller Named CHL Rookie of the Month - Missouri Mavericks
- Missouri's Kenton Miller Named 50/50 Central/CHL Rookie of the Month - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.