Tulsa's Comeback Falls Short Against AustinFebruary 9, 2013 - NBA Development League (D-League) - Tulsa 66ers
Five 66ers scored in double digits, including Rasual Butler with 28 points and seven rebounds. Dominique Sutton posted 20 points, six rebounds and four steals.
Andy Rautins and Chris Quinn scored 15 points apiece while combining to distribute 11 assists. Hollis Thompson added 10 points.
Tulsa entered the fourth quarter trailing Austin, 83-68. The 66ers fought back using a 16-2 run in a span of four and a half minutes to make it 85-84.
After back-and-forth play in the remaining minutes, the 66ers eventually went ahead on a Butler 3-pointer with 24 seconds remaining to lead 101-100.
Austin's JaMychal Green, who was fouled with four seconds left, made one of his two free throws and forced the game into overtime.
Sutton was the first to score in the three-minute overtime period, putting Tulsa up two with 39 seconds to go. Jamarr Sanders responded with a 3-point basket on the other end to give Austin a one-point lead at the 27 seconds mark. Tulsa's next possession ended with a missed jumper from Butler.
The Toros sealed the win on a pair of free throws from Green, who finished the night with 29 points and 21 rebounds.
The 66ers forced 19 Austin turnovers, including 11 off of steals.
Tulsa continues its three-game Texas trip as it heads to Frisco to face the Texas Legends Sunday afternoon at 3:00. The game can be seen on YouTube and Tulsa66ers.com.
NBA Development League Stories from February 9, 2013
- Idaho Stifles Santa Cruz - Idaho Stampede
- Sanders Hits Game Winner for Toros - Austin Spurs
- Tulsa's Comeback Falls Short Against Austin - Tulsa 66ers
- Charge Hold off Legends for 20th Win of Season - Canton Charge
- BayHawks Fall to Skyforce, 103-88 - Erie BayHawks
- Tonight's Springfield Armor Game Postponed - Springfield Armor
- Bakersfield at Springfield Postponed - D-League
- "Buck Night" Set for Monday's Nationally Televised BayHawks Game - Erie BayHawks
- Bighorns Lose Close Game to D-Fenders - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.