Chris White Will Play TonightFebruary 8, 2013 - National Lacrosse League (NLL) - Toronto Rock Press Release
White received a match penalty upon league review for a hit on Rochester's Casey Powell on January 26th. There was no penalty on the play. After the league assessed the match penalty, the Professional Lacrosse Player's Association (PLPA) appealed the one game suspension that accompanies the assessment of a match penalty. White remains eligible to play until the appeal is heard.
Edwards was given a match penalty in last weekend's Rock win over the Bandits in Buffalo. Late in the game, Edwards was penalized for a hit on Mark Steenhuis of the Bandits. As with White's match penalty, an automatic one game suspension was given to Edwards but in this case there will be no appeal and he will miss Friday night's game against Minnesota.
Tonight's game in Minnesota can be seen live on TSN2 and TSN Mobile TV at 8:30pm ET.
Toronto's next home game will be Friday, February 15 when they host the Calgary Roughnecks at Air Canada Centre at 7:30pm. The first 5,000 fans in attendance will receive a limited edition Colin Doyle bobblehead courtesy of Bachly Construction. For the best ticket in town, visit www.torontorock.com or call 416-596-3075.
National Lacrosse League Stories from February 8, 2013
- Minnesota Swarm Outlast Rock in Overtime 13-12 - Minnesota Swarm
- Mammoth Looks to Avenge Opening-Night Loss to Stealth - Colorado Mammoth
- News Philadelphia Wings Get Schooled 20-10 by Rochester - Philadelphia Wings
- Afternoon Delight for Knighthawks - Rochester Knighthawks
- Chris White Will Play Tonight - Toronto Rock
- Rush to Battle Roughnecks with More on the Line this Time - Edmonton Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.