Houston Aeros Fall to Rampage 5-2February 5, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Houston Aeros
San Antonio gained a 1-0 advantage at 7:33 of the first period as Zach Hamill netted a power-play goal. Hamill potted his 12th goal of the season off a rebound of a Greg Rallo shot. Andre Deveaux also had an assist on the goal.
Brendon Nash extended San Antonio's lead to 2-0 at 2:33 of the second period, blasting in a shot from inside the blue line. Hamill and Jonathan Hazen had the assists on San Antonio's second goal of the night. Rookie forward Jason Zucker cut the lead in half at 2-1 just 5:18 into the second period. He tapped in a feed from Justin Fontaine into the net for a power-play goal. Johan Larsson added an assist on Zucker's team-leading 18th goal of the season.
The Rampage regained a two-goal advantage at 1:26 of the third period as former Aero Jed Ortmeyer scored his first with San Antonio on an unassisted goal. San Antonio upped the lead to 4-1 at 5:09 in the third as Ortmeyer crashed the net for his second goal of the period. After a video review, the goal was allowed, with Deveaux and Quinton Howden earning assists on the goal.
Houston cut the lead to 4-2 just 49 seconds later as Chad Rau rebounded a Zucker shot and knocked it past Grumet-Morris for his fifth goal of the season. Mike Santorelli extended the advantage to 5-2 at 11:46 on a shorthanded breakaway goal.
Houston embarks on an eight-game road trip starting on Wednesday, Feb. 6 at Grand Rapids at 6 p.m. CT.
Aeros season tickets start as low as $9 per seat and may be purchased online at Aeros.com by placing a $100 deposit. Once your order is processed, an Aeros ticket representative will contact you to choose your exact seat location, as well as discuss the payment options. Information on season tickets and mini-plans is also available on the team website at www.aeros.com. Groups of 15 or more receive a discount on all tickets, to book your group outing to an Aeros game please call 713-974-PUCK (7825).
American Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2013
- Home Stand Ends with Shootout Loss - Lake Erie Monsters
- Whale Dropped by Albany in Shootout - Connecticut Whale
- Bears Skate to Shootout Win in Cleveland - Hershey Bears
- Devils Win at All Levels - Albany Devils
- Sharks Stun IceCaps with Late Comeback - St. John's IceCaps
- Sharks Shock IceCaps with Late 3rd Period Comeback for 3-2 Win - Worcester Sharks
- Oilers Assign Defenseman Theo Peckham to OKC on Conditioning - Oklahoma City Barons
- A Sweet Deal for You and Your Sweetheart - Rockford IceHogs
- Coyotes Recall Summers Assign Rundblad to Portland - Portland Pirates
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Heat Beat Americans 3-2, Extend North Division Lead - Abbotsford Heat
- Albany Devils Add Stefan Stepanov - Albany Devils
- Griffins Face Test from South Division - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sound Tigers Host "Big Brothers Big Sisters Day" this Sunday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Vote Now For Stevens Jewelers Diamond In The Rough Award - Springfield Falcons
- Amerks' Five-Game Win Streak Snapped in 3-2 Loss to Heat - Rochester Americans
- Oilers Recall Mark Arcobello - Oklahoma City Barons
- Gallant Agrees to Entry-Level Deal - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals to Donate $2 from All Tickets to Children's Hospital February 17 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Admirals Hope to Pick up Where They Left off at Home - Norfolk Admirals
- Rivermen Extend Point Streak to Five - Peoria Rivermen
- B-Sens 2013-14 Season and 2013 Calder Cup Playoff Tickets to Go on Sale Sunday - Binghamton Senators
- Haydar's Hat Trick and Sweatt's OT Winner Lead Wolves Past Peoria - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals to Host Donald Driver February 15 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Rangers Assign Forward Brandon Mashinter to Connecticut - Connecticut Whale
- Anaheim Returns Devante Smith-Pelly to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Audy-Marchessault Assigned To Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Dallas Reassigned Tyler Beskorowany to Idaho - Texas Stars
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Kick off Anti-Bullying Campaign - Syracuse Crunch
- B-Sens Announce Roster Moves - Binghamton Senators
- Amerks Launch "Sweets in Your Seats" Valentine's Day Pack - Rochester Americans
- Bruins Take You Can Play Pledge - Providence Bruins
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Texas Takes Down Houston, Continues To Lead The Ahl - Texas Stars
- Houston Aeros Fall to Rampage 5-2 - Houston Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.