Sateri Makes 51 Saves in 3-2 Shootout Win in ProvidenceDecember 2, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Worcester Sharks Press Release
Tim Kennedy extended his point streak to six games (6-5-11) with his team leading 11th goal and 5th goal of the weekend. Harri Sateri made 51 saves in net for the victory and was 5-for-5 in the shootout as Worcester improved to 3-0-0-0 against the Bruins this season. The Sharks host the Providence Bruins on Saturday, December 8th at the DCU Center at 7pm on Matt Irwin Bobble Head Night.
The Sharks allowed a season high 25 shots on goals but were able to manage a 1-1 tie through 20 minutes of play. Christian Hanson (3rd) gave the Bruins a 1-0 lead after he deflected home a centering feed from the left wall by Matt Bartkowski past Harri Sateri at 14:23. The Sharks tied the score at 1-1 with the help of video replay at 19:27. Yanni Gourde (6th) broke into the Bruins zone shorthanded by himself and ripped a wicked snap shot from the left circle past Niklas Svedberg and off the upper post inside the net and out. The red light never went on, but after video review Yanni Gourde was awarded the score. Shots were 25-8 in favor of the Bruins after the first period.
In the second period, Rookie Justin Florek (1st) gave Providence a 2-1 lead with a sneaky little shot from the side of the net after Worcester failed to clear the puck at 3:59. Red-hot Tim Kennedy (11th) tied the score for the Sharks with a terrific shot from the left circle at 10:32 to extend his point streak to six games (6-5-11). Worcester outshot the Bruins 13-12 in the middle frame as the two teams headed into the intermission tied at 2-2.
Neither team found the back of the net in the third period with the Bruins holding a 9-7 shot advantage on the final frame. The Bruins fired seven more shots in the overtime period with Sateri standing strong as the game headed to the shootout.
James Sheppard scored the only goal in the shootout as Harri Sateri made five saves on five shooters for his 3rd straight victory this season.
The Sharks overall record improves to 11-8-1-1 (24pts in 21gp) and 6-4-0-1 (13pts in 11gp) on the road this season.
Notes: FIVE GUYS BURGERS Three Stars: 3rd star: Christian Hanson (1-1-2) 2nd star: James Sheppard (GWG in SO) 1st star: Harri Sateri (51 saves)... Final shots were 53-32 in favor of Providence... Niklas Svedberg made 29 saves on 31 shots for Providence...Harri Sateri made 51 saves on 53 shots for Worcester for the Sharks... Worcester went 1-for-5 on the power play while Providence went 0-for-4... Sharks improved to 31-33-5 in 69 meetings all-time vs. the Bruins... Jimmy Bonneau (scr), Taylor Doherty (inj), Nick Petrecki (inj), Matt Pelech (susp), Travis Oleksuk (scr), and Danny Groulx (inj) did not dress for Worcester... Tim Kennedy extended his point streak to six games (6-5-11) with his team leading 11th goal... the Sharks dressed just five defensemen... Yanni Gourde's shorthanded goal in the first period was the first shorthanded goal Worcester has scored in 69 games... Sateri went a perfect 9-for-9 in the shootout this weekend... the Sharks improved to 4-1-0-0 on Sunday afternoons.
The Sharks return home to host the Providence Bruins on Saturday, December 8 at 7pm on Matt Irwin Bobble Head Night! The first 3,000 fans will receive a Matt Irwin bobble head doll!
American Hockey League Stories from December 2, 2012
- Heat Recall Howse from Utah - Abbotsford Heat
- Hellberg Returns to Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stars Win Marathon Shootout 4-3 - Texas Stars
- Texas Outlasts Rivermen in Shootout - Peoria Rivermen
- Sound Tigers Fall to Admirals 4-1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Whale Finish Lost Weekend by being Shutout - Connecticut Whale
- B-Sens Best Crunch, 5-2, to Make It 8 Straight - Binghamton Senators
- McElhinney Ties Falcons' Shutout Record in Victory over Whale - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Top Sound Tigers - Norfolk Admirals
- Crunch Downed by Senators - Syracuse Crunch
- Klink-Hammers Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Toronto Defeats Lake Erie 5-4 - Toronto Marlies
- Three-In-Three Weekend Ends with Loss in Toronto - Lake Erie Monsters
- Sharks Sink P-Bruins in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Sateri Makes 51 Saves in 3-2 Shootout Win in Providence - Worcester Sharks
- Rockford Completes Weekend Sweep of Checkers - Charlotte Checkers
- Rockford in First Place After Sweep of Checkers - Rockford IceHogs
- Houston Aeros Release Ginand from PTO - Houston Aeros
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield At Connecticut, Game #20 - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Blanked 3-0 by Bulldogs - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.