Connecticut Whale Product Assigned to ThunderOctober 26, 2012 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Wichita Thunder
Flanigan, 24, was assigned to the Greenville Road Warriors of the ECHL to start the season. The 6-foot-1, 180-pound forward played a four-year Hockey East career at Merrimack College. In 36 games last season, Flanigan registered 11 goals and 18 assists for 29 points, which was good for tops on the team in both categories.
A native of Rochester, NY, Flanigan earned 2010-2011 Hockey East All-Championship and All-Tournament team honors, leading Merrimack to its first-ever Hockey East Championship game and first NCAA Tournament appearance since 1988. He was the Hockey East Co-Player of the Month in March that same season and set career-highs in goals (16), assists (18), points (34) and plus/minus (+24). He ranked fourth on team scoring and led all Hockey East players in postseason scoring with nine points. Merrimack was 16-4 when he recorded a point and recorded 28 points in the team's last 19 games.
In other news, forward Erick Lizon has been activated from the 7-Day IR and Dustin Donaghy has been moved to the 7-Day IR. Wichita is in Bloomington, IL for a pair of games with the Blaze on Friday, October 26th and Saturday, October 27th. It will be the first time the two teams have seen each other in franchise history. To close out the road trip, the Thunder will head north to take on the Quad City Mallards on Sunday, October 28th at 4 p.m.
The 2012-2013 season is here. Don't miss any of the action! Get your season tickets TODAY with a $50 non-refundable deposit. Contact the Wichita Thunder Office for season or individual game tickets, which are on sale now! Stop by anytime Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at or call (316) 264-4625. Stay up-to-date on all the news during the season by visiting www.wichitathunder.com .
Central Hockey League Stories from October 26, 2012
- Oilers Drop Home Opener to Mallards in OT - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Lose First Game in Regulation, 3-2, to Arizona - Missouri Mavericks
- Special Teams Power Blaze to 6-4 Win over Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Hold on in Final Seconds for 3-2 Win over Cutthroats - Denver Cutthroats
- Lang Gives Mallards Season-Opening O.T. Win in Tulsa - Quad City Mallards
- Blaze Beat Thunder for Second Straight Win - Bloomington Blaze
- Uncle Bob's Metroplex Rivalry Debuts this Weekend - Allen Americans
- Connecticut Whale Product Assigned to Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Shots from the Point for October 26, 2012 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.