Goalie Maxime Clermont Assigned to JackalsOctober 17, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Elmira Jackals
Clermont, 21, was selected by the New Jersey Devils in the sixth round (#174 overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. He spent the majority of his rookie season last year with the ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings where he compiled a 13-10-3 record, 3.42 goals-against average, and a .891 save percentage in 31 appearances. He also logged two games with the Albany Devils in the AHL and went 1-1-0 with a 2.01 goals-against average and a .925 save percentage. Clermont measures six feet tall and weighs in at 200 pounds.
Prior to his professional career, Clermont spent four seasons with the Gatineau Olympiques of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. In the 2010-11 campaign, his final junior season, Clermont backstopped the Olympiques to 28 wins in his 48 regular season appearaces then turned it up in the playoffs. He started 21 of the 24 QMJHL playoff games and guided Gatineau to the league's championship series before bowing out to Saint John Sea Dogs. For his junior career Clermont built a record of 90-60-12.
Clermont is expected to be in the Jackals lineup when they face off against the Wheeling Nailers in back-to-back games this Friday and Saturday at First Arena.
Mark your calendars! The Jackals are back on First Arena ice on Friday, October 19, 2012 to take on the Wheeling Nailers at 7:05 p.m. Come out for the great action on the ice and enjoy our first Affordable Friday! Hot dogs, popcorn, and sodas are just $2 each. Stay after the game for a post-game autograph session with the entire team.
Group tickets are available for any group of 10 or more. Group tickets get you a discount off of the box office price and preferred seating based on availability. Call 607-737-7825 to get your group booked today. Pro-rated season ticket packages are on sale, as well. Season tickets offer the best value for Jackals fans.
ECHL Stories from October 17, 2012
- Ryan Cruthers Named Solar Bears Captain - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Acquires Defenseman Kevin Noble from Greenville - Stockton Thunder
- K-Wings Prepare for Home Opener Weekend - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Release Forward Tyler Gron - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - October 17 - ECHL
- Ray Kaunisto Re-Assigned to Eagles; Forward to Join Lineup this Weekend - Colorado Eagles
- ECHL, Reebok Hockey Continue Partnership - ECHL
- Mouillierat, Foster Added to Idaho Lineup - Idaho Steelheads
- Road Warriors Announce Glass Seats Scavenger Hunt - Greenville Road Warriors
- Defenseman Juilen Brouillette Assigned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Goalie Maxime Clermont Assigned to Jackals - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Unveil 2012 Military Appreciation Night Jerseys - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - October 17 - ECHL
- Bob Chase Awarded Lester Patrick Trophy; Komet Broadcaster Honored at U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Induc - Fort Wayne Komets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.